are vortex pst 6x24 clear at max power

I run the vortex hs lr ffp with the xlr reticle and it does every thing I ask of it. It is a little picky at 24 but nothing I cant deal with. The reticle is a cross hair at 6 but is all I need if any thing is that close. I use this gun for both hunting and tac comps so ffp is very use full for me in timed situations and what not. This is where you will have to make a decision on what YOU need not what every one else tells you need. Don't sweat those guys at the range they are the minority when it comes to shooting as most are very nice and helpful reguardless what gear you run. Most of the really good guys I have shot with will tell you top tier gear helps but it all comes back to the guy pulling the trigger and practice are the 2 most important factors.

I run the vortex hs lr ffp with the xlr reticle and it does every thing I ask of it. It is a little picky at 24 but nothing I cant deal with. The reticle is a cross hair at 6 but is all I need if any thing is that close. I use this gun for both hunting and tac comps so ffp is very use full for me in timed situations and what not. This is where you will have to make a decision on what YOU need not what every one else tells you need. Don't sweat those guys at the range they are the minority when it comes to shooting as most are very nice and helpful reguardless what gear you run. Most of the really good guys I have shot with will tell you top tier gear helps but it all comes back to the guy pulling the trigger and practice are the 2 most important factors.

Yup, right on. I need to own a ffp scope. I believe after 1 week of continuous web searches and tech data vortex new line looking promising.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the HS-LR has half minute clicks on elevation ? Thus 24MOA per revolution. Windage is regular 1/4 min clicks. For someone who needs to dial fast, that is clearly beneficial, but a bit coarser in graduation. The half minute clicks was the 1 thing I disliked about the HS-LR and shortly after that Vortex introduced the HS-T lineup which has no turret caps and 1/4 MOA on both axiis.

once I can shoot the difference I will worry about that. A mill is .36 and that seems to work just fine. Im not shooting bench rest for tiny groups so a half inch either way isn't going to hurt me

Its the difference between 2.5" and 5" per click at 1000 yards. I don't know if the tactical guys shoot past 600 yards and at that distance its certainly a more minor issue.

I cant shoot five inch groups at 1000 consistently. So like I said once I can shoot the difference I will be concerned about it. if it falls in between I can just hold the difference if I feel the need but don't. So a mill is .36 and people seem to just fine with that and a few shoot to a 1000 with it. I guess people like to think they can shoot that difference at 1000. ya a few tactical guys go to a 1000 and maybe just past......

I run the 4-16 xlr and in all reality your never off more than 1/4 moa not 1/2. I wouldn't run it on my elr rifle, but for targets out to 1200 its plenty fine enough of an adjustment to get the round where it counts. The whole game changes after 1200 but in that case I run the razor line on a different rifle.

This year vortex added a new reticle to the pst line giving you both 1/4 moa adjustments and a tree style reticle a pretty deadly combo.

I myself am pretty excited to get the new 3-27x56 in my hands

I run the 6-24x50 FFP and it is clear as a bell from 6 to 24. I have not had a problem yet. it is a bit touchy for eye relief at full power, but once you have it, no issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.