Are pillars necessary, or advised, for a carbon fiber stock?

jsurfdog

I have purchased a Bergara Crest with carbon fiber stock. No pillars in stock. I'm thinking they may be unnecessary, as the carbon fiber where the receiver screws pass is solid and likely as incompressible as steel or aluminium. I plan to bed the recoil lug and immediate area, but I'm thinking pillars are unlikely to have any positive effect on the rifle's accuracy. I'm fully aware of the benefits of pillars in injection molded stocks and wooden stocks, but have my doubts about their usefulness in stocks that have solid blocks of reinforced glass, kevlar, and carbon fiber through which the actions screws pass.
I am considering a full length bed, or even bedding just the tang area along with the recoil lug area, but without pillars. However I thought I would wait to see how it shoots before undertaking that mission.
Any comments on the benefits, or lack thereof, of metallic pillars in stocks with solid blocks of reinforced glass, kevlar, or carbon fiber through which the actions screws pass?

If you have solid carbon or glass blocks just bed it and call it a day. To me pillars should be used when the core or fill does not warrant a high enough density to support action screws. If the density of the inlet is solid, why introduce another material?

Thanks, I have been thinking along those same lines. Although carbon fibre is not particularly dense, it is uniform, stiff, and relatively incompressible, which is what is required when torquing an action to a stock. In fact, I have been considering using heavy wall carbon fibre tubing for pillar bedding injection moulded and wooden stocks instead of aluminium or steel.