Are my weight estimates on target??

scoutm

I have all the parts on order or in hand for my first ever build. The wait for the remainging parts are going to kill me. Anyway I'm building a little bit of an oxymoron - a light weight long range mountain rifle. I have tried to balance the two and get as much of the best world out of both. Heres what I have and the estimated weights:

MFR
Est Wt. Oz.

Action
Remington 700 LA
(everything but trigger)

Trigger

Timney

Barrel

Lilja - #4 Fluted 25"

Stock

Mcmillan Edge Tech

Finish

Cerekote

??

Scope Rings/base

Talley

Scope

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50

Total 141.83 oz. w/Scope 8.86 lbs w/o Scope7.50lbs.

Am I off base on my estimations? I've researched them pretty hard so I think I'm close. Just looking for someone to review my work. Am I on target?

I would say you are probably pretty close. Stock pillars and glass bedding will add a little weight along with sling studs. You could save 5 ounces or more with Leupold VX3 6.5-20 Long Range scope if you are really trying to stay as light as possible. What caliber as this will effect the barrel weight considerably.

barrel caliber is 6.5(285) - i factored this into the barrel weight. Lilja website has a nice barrel weight calculation tool. The action weight is my biggest concern.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.