Are all remington 700 actions created equal?

Slaysesh

Are they all the up to the same specs? I really interested in the ss. Have to pick one for a 7mm stw. I can get an ALD for 489 new. Will this be up to par? Or should I look for something better quality if there is any? Hope I don't sound too dumb
Thanks for all the help!

Do you plan on getting it blueprinted for a build? If so just buy a stiller action or the like. It will be withing a hundred or two in the end and you will have a better product with better resale.

I bought a Remington sendero take off and doing a mock sendero build. So the only thing I could have done is square the bolt face and lap the lugs. Can all gunsmith make them tight and smooth as butter?

Are they all the up to the same specs? I really interested in the ss. Have to pick one for a 7mm stw. I can get an ALD for 489 new. Will this be up to par? Or should I look for something better quality if there is any? Hope I don't sound too dumb
Thanks for all the help!

The actions are all the same quality. some have different finishes (The cheaper ones are normally Mat finish because it saves them money.

The stainless actions are normally around $100.00 more than the Chrome moly (Blued actions) but they are easier to care for.

I find nothing wrong that a good smith cant solve with the actions but the barrels are a different story. The ones that shoot well are the exception.

J E CUSTOM

I have blue Remington 700 action the gun was a .300 win mag. Have a 300 rum barrel Is it a 100% easy swap considering the rum is .002 bigger will it work without any other work? More or less asking will it be problem free??

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.