Archery vs Rifle hunting

Love both but if faced with a choice, I would have to stick with the bow. I remember my dad telling me back in 1970 he would buy me a bow if I could shoot a deer with a borrowed bow. I'm sure he was confident he wouldn't have to pay up! I borrowed an old Herter's fiberglass long bow from my cousin and bought some arrows. Remember those Fred Bear wooden arrows with the green broadheads that used a razor blade insert? Well, I shot an 8 pointer and dad bought me a Kodiak Hunter Magnum. I went on to kill a few more with it before moving to compound but wish I still had that bow!

I love both. But if they make it too expensive to hunt with a rifle then bow it is.

In my home state, archery season runs 76 days. Firearm deer, 16 not counting early/late doe season and muzzleloader. While I enjoy all the gun seasons, 2.5 months of archery is pretty liberal. Sure hope I never have to pick one because after sitting in trees sweating from early October to freezing in mid November with a bow in hand, my trigger finger gets real itchy by gun season. No way I'd ever want to give that up. It's 50/50 for me.

I am addicted to bow hunting. Only long gun I hunt with besides my bow is a flintlock muzzleloader. I enjoy the spot and stalk so much that hunting with a rifle doesn't get me motivated anymore.

I have done & do both. Archery has been way more work for me & generally more rewarding. While I like both Archery ticks more boxes for me. This year I took 1 deer with a bow a fair 5 x 5 that was one of my best deer hunting experiences thus far.

While Archery hunting this year I had 2 bucks inside of 15 yards this year & that is a thrill I just do not see while rifle hunting

Had 3 rifle tags this season of which 2 were antlerless tags & the third was an any deer. Filled the 2 doe tags opening day. The desire to fill the last any deer tag was nearly gone once the 2 doe tags were filled. Ill enjoy & appreciate the two does as table fair just as much as the archery buck.

While I share I generally enjoy Archery more. Rifle is a great way to put meat on the table & is enjoyable as well.

I'd vote traditional blackpowder. It gives me slightly more range than archery and the woods aren't as busy in my areas during that season. Other than that, I love it all.

I archery hunt way more than rifle, primarily because my wife and I bowhunt together. We've had a ton of awesome adventures bowhunting, but we suck at closing the deal.
I enjoy them both, but if I had to pick itd definately be archery.
I do the same with my wife and now with my boys. Creating those memories of camping, hunting, field dressing, dragging, and packing out is what it's about. I do concur, about closing the deal as sometimes the quarry does not want to cooperate! :)