Ar10 scope suggestions?

RckyMtnRutt

Like the title says I am looking for suggestion for a scope to put on my ar-10. Ideally I want something like 3-4 power. Obviously a NF 2-10 would be awesome just not in the budget. I found a SHV 4-14x56 locally that is pretty tempting I just dont know if it will be to big to put on an AR. I don't like vortex but people have been saying the pst is decent. I really like Leupold NF. Mainly I am just looking for clarity and reliability.

Shooting 600-800 yards max. Paper, steel, maybe some hunting. If anyone has any insight I am all ears :)

What do you mean 3 - 4 power? Like 4x zoom?

I have the 1-6 PST GEN II on my BCM REECE 16 and love it. I am not a vortex fan at all. This is my only vortex scope and the glass and simple features really compliment the scope. Vortex also makes a 2-10 PST GEN II and the 3-15 LHT.

I also like bushnell. The 3-12x44 LRTS would probably fit your rifle perfect. For overall ruggedness and reliability I would choose this over the PST. I have the larger 3.5x18x44 on my long range AR.

Lastly, the good ole SWFA 3-15x42 is slim and reliable. Turrets are kind of tall, but the overall scope isnt big. I have used SWFA a ton in the past but wanted optics with a xmas tree reticle in them, so I swapped over to Bushnell (G3 and G2H), EOTech (H59), and Vortex (EBR-7).

What do you mean 3 - 4 power? Like 4x zoom?

I have the 1-6 PST GEN II on my BCM REECE 16 and love it. I am not a vortex fan at all. This is my only vortex scope and the glass and simple features really compliment the scope. Vortex also makes a 2-10 PST GEN II and the 3-15 LHT.

I also like bushnell. The 3-12x44 LRTS would probably fit your rifle perfect. For overall ruggedness and reliability I would choose this over the PST. I have the larger 3.5x18x44 on my long range AR.

Lastly, the good ole SWFA 3-15x42 is slim and reliable. Turrets are kind of tall, but the overall scope isnt big. I have used SWFA a ton in the past but wanted optics with a xmas tree reticle in them, so I swapped over to Bushnell (G3 and G2H), EOTech (H59), and Vortex (EBR-7).
Yeah that is exactly what I meant 3-4x zoom. I hate vortex but everyone keeps recommending it. I am looking for an LRTS but cannot find them anywhere. Im sure one will pop up at some point but I need a scope in the next week or two. I just found a Bushnell lrhs 2. I guess it is almost the exact same as the LRTS but not illuminated. Think that might be my best bet right now. I looked at the SWFA but they just don't do it for me. Guess i need to get behind one and see how the quality is.

Appreciate your input as well solid advice!!

Heres one. I am not affiliated with the seller. Its a little expensive for my taste. But still a great scope. Another one would be the sig tango 4. Cheap like $450 with a lot of features and I also believe they make a 1-10 LPVO as well. I had one for a month but sold it because they only come in simple mil hash reticles.

Dang the SWFA actually looks pretty nice! And yeah I saw that scope but not an fde fan a little high on price and who makes custom windage caps shouldn't be able to own a scope lol!! :) Looks like you got me on the swfa, lrts, sig. Need to run to my LGS and see if I can check some of this glass out.

Like the title says I am looking for suggestion for a scope to put on my ar-10. Ideally I want something like 3-4 power. Obviously a NF 2-10 would be awesome just not in the budget. I found a SHV 4-14x56 locally that is pretty tempting I just dont know if it will be to big to put on an AR. I don't like vortex but people have been saying the pst is decent. I really like Leupold NF. Mainly I am just looking for clarity and reliability.

Shooting 600-800 yards max. Paper, steel, maybe some hunting. If anyone has any insight I am all ears :)

I have an 8 X 32 60mm 60 mm objective gets you on target faster with a bigger field of view. 24 inch match grade SS fluted AR10 .308 It's my long range pig and paper rifle. I use Speer TNT 125 varmint bullets for typical hunting and 175 gr match burners for paper.

Blue tape to cover serial numbers.....

Attachments

• 24 inch.jpg
    24 inch.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 69
Those models are made in the Philippines correct? That would be a plus in my mind, compared to their lesser grade models.

I have an 8 X 32 60mm 60 mm objective gets you on target faster with a bigger field of view. 24 inch match grade SS fluted AR10 .308 It's my long range pig and paper rifle. I use Speer TNT 125 varmint bullets for typical hunting and 175 gr match burners for paper.

Blue tape to cover serial numbers.....
Geez that is a nice set up! Ill have to look into the match burners. Went with a mark 4 for the scope not bad for the money

What are you going to use this for? Hunting, range work, self defense? If yes to all of these, I would want a lower starting point in the zoom range. JMHO.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1247462267...Qq9%2FnFu9rsVru5|clp:2499334|tkp:BFBM1JC-h_Jf
I also have it's little brother with a 20 inch threaded end with a brake. It's a good time rig with a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 I have a 243 with a 10X40 60mm for a squirrel gun. The limiting factor is heat waves and wind. It's really nice to be able to see holes open up on paper way out there without a spotting scope.

You go out to a ranchers field and tell your friend to clear out the under 200 yard stuff and you go way out there

Just another fun pig and defense rifle. I was in the military using a m-14 quality rifle. JMO you want to get things way out there LOL This is a long range hunting forum not really pulling out my 1911 or something :)

I get it. I guess I'm just accustomed to AR platforms for 50 to 300 work. I leave long shots to the bolt actions, but that is because I haven't set up an AR for long range. Sounds like a good project though.