ar10 buffer tube

Tmnpmg

anyone have a extended tube laying around they want to sell? I think this is the issue with it not cycling.

If the gun isn't cycling check that the gas block is lined up properly. That the gas port doesn't have a bur inside where they bored into the bore of the barrel blocking the gas. With some AR 308's there is a 1/4" longer gas tube. And that the gas key is tight, gas rings are ok. My AR 308 takes a 1/4" longer gas tube than an AR15 rifle length tube.

I peeled my other ar 10 apart and found that the buffer tube is shorter on this one the spring is longer, and the weight is smaller. I am pretty sure it is a ar15 setup. It does have enough *** to close the bolt, or space to open it all the way

It's not a carbine buffer tube and weight is it as far as I know the rifle length buffer tube is the same for AR-15 and AR-308. Is your gun an Armalite?

Rhino arms lower, dpms upper. The working gun has a pro, the other has a magpul 6 position

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.