AR Stock choices

ZSteinle

Looking for a stock for a AR-10. I really like the magpul PRS but I dont like the weight and dont think I need the comb or length of pull adjustment. What are some other choices that are like the PRS? I want a fixed stock.

Looking for a stock for a AR-10. I really like the magpul PRS but I dont like the weight and dont think I need the comb or length of pull adjustment. What are some other choices that are like the PRS? I want a fixed stock.

PRS is for a precision rifle. I have one on my 6mm ar. It is heavy. Helps to balance out that 26" heavy barrel. The fixed stock really does make a difference in accuracy. I like the adjustable comb on the PRS. Helps me with cheek weld and scope alignment.

That said I understand then need for light weight. If it is a precision rifle and I wanted a lighter weight fixed stock It would certainly be a standard A2 stock. They work really well.

DPMS Stock Assembly LR-308 A2 Synthetic Charcoal

LuthAR makes a nice stock like the prs but way lighter. have seen it on more and more comp guns every time I look. They can be had with adjustable cheeks and pulls, or just the slim down fixed skeleton. LuthAR MBA-1, looks like what you may want.

I purchased a GII Hunter that came with the Magpul MOE stock installed.

I replaced the "recoil" pad with the "enhanced recoil" pad for the added length of pull.

The stock is now 5/8" longer than a standard A2 stock and fits well in all positions when shooting.

I don't need an adjustable cheek piece to be able to get a good cheek weld due to using lower height scope mounts.

I feel it is a good stock for the AR-10 platform IF you keep your optics or sights mounted low. Any higher and you will need and adjustable stock.

LuthAR makes a nice stock like the prs but way lighter. have seen it on more and more comp guns every time I look. They can be had with adjustable cheeks and pulls, or just the slim down fixed skeleton. LuthAR MBA-1, looks like what you may want.

I have a couple of Luth ARs and love them lighter on the wallet also than than the PRS.

I have heard the the cheek weld on the luth-ar's are flimsy. Is that true, and if so how flimsy?

I'll second the plain old A2 stock for a precision rifle. I have the PRS stock and liked the plain old A2 better! My optics are low enough I don't need the riser and have found the wedge shape of the A2 to be really handy when shooting off bags.

JD

I have an A2 stock on my heavy AR. The stock has good sight alignment and I've ground the rear sling loop off so the tapered stock is easy to use on a rear bag. The stock takes a lead weight which adds heft and helps balance out the 24 inch bull barrel. With the scope, it weighs in at just under 17lbs

I just built this one as more of an SPR or DMR... I had a carbine tube with a Magpul Stock and it just didn't feel like a rifle you could settle into to try to shoot it well. I ended up with an A2 stock and I like it. Feels much more like a "real" rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.