Stock Ar-10 v custom build...

tangodown

I've been thinking of getting the Les Baer AR-10 National Match Version (.308) or a Knight's Armament SR-25, or even a PWS (Precision Weapon System) as a competition and hunting rifle. I'm wondering what people can bring to the table to organize a good discussion of the pro's and con's of either approach... Cost is a consideration :)

You won't find any love here for the Les Baer. I think because they do not sponsor or do give away at the shoots. I can not speak about the PWS. Les Baer makes the most accurate rifles I have ever seen. The first three shots out of mine were in the same hole with factory Hornady ammo. It shoots everything I have tried .5 moa or better. Now for the bad news. Mine weighs 14 pounds. It just no fun if you have to carry it very far. Mine has a break, however, the barrel is not threaded so no suppressor.

They may make a barrel that is thread like most,however, I have never seen one. They make their own barrels and the brake is cut into the barrel.

My AR 6.5 creedmoor is heavy also I would not be very interested in carrying it for hunting. If I had a short walk to a stand that would be fine but it's no walk around gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts