AR balance for a still hunting rig

Kansaswoodguy

Guys

Looking for some input my brother has a couple AR's that he hunted with for the first time this year and was backpacking into his hunt area and noticed the balance point for both of his is under the mag well making single hand carry of the guns somewhat uncomfortable. not horrible but could be much better for a walk around gun. Both of his have an M4 style barrel one 16" the other 18". I have several AR's and of the bunch the one that seems to be the best for single hand carry is my 16" bull barrel it balances just in front of the reciever but is still light enough and short enough to not be unwieldy. What have you guys found to be a good well balanced configuration for single hand carry for hiking ect.

Most of mine have a standard barrel countour. My most balance is my 16 300blk with a 14 quad rail that dips in on the sides and bottom for your hand. It's made by psa and gives perfect balance to the gun like your talking problem is they only put them on there 16 300 upper and don't even sell them. Hell I've emailed twice to try and get more rails and 3 time for the the whole upper. Seems they only want to sell short barrel stuff. Paid less than $400 for the upper and it shoots 5 shot groups at .39 with all blem lower parts from psa. I would have him look at rails easiest way to change balance point. Fyi 458 socom is the most unbalanced ***. Fun and useful gun just crappy to carry

Deer season in Kansas just open Wednesday I've been carrying my 16" mid weight WOA with carbon fiber handguard it's a great light to carry rig but suffers from the same issue my brother was talking about balance point under the mag well never really noticed it before he said something now I'm ruined. Just ordered some cheap slings from cdnnsports.com GI issue $4.99, Winchester nylon $6.99 ordered a few extra for those prices

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts