AR 15 help please

uncowboy

I have a great shooter that I am converting to a Flat top upper. I have decided on a DPMS Target upper. BUT here is my question. I was going to get the upper with 1" high rib built in to the upper. I remember that I have shot a few that were too low to be comefortable. I see that EVERYONE else has a lower flattop and most use higher rings . I am planning on a Long range scope for this gun. The only negative I see to the 1" higher Flat top is that down the road a set of clamp on sights will need another riser on the glass block or a VERY high front sight that I have not seen fS yet.
SO what are your thoughts? Go with the low upper or stay with the High upper? Any negative thoughts on the high upper please lets hear them.
These targer uppers do not have a forward assist either. I really wanted one just to have it. SO if I get talked out of the 1" high upper I will go to a flat top with a forward assist built in. SO Tell me your thoughts please.[email protected] I posted this in Gunsmithing also. J.Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.