please help

Chris_in_Tx

I decided thatI would introduce myself, My name is Chris, I just moved to Tx and I dont kniow of any place to shot long range, have posted before and not gotten any feed back. I have a custom 7mm RUM that really likes Berger 180 VLDs and lots of open land.
any help would be appreciated. I've been here a week already without any trigger time, HELP!
Chris
shocked.gif

Chris:
Let me ask a dumb question. Where is Hickory Creek? I am in Dallas and I asked the same question a few weeks ago and found several places. I will try to help you if I can.

Chris:
There is a range at old Ft Walters which is in Mineral wells, Texas here is their web page http://www.fwssc.org/. There is also a longer range in Cumby Texas. I was looking for their web page and can't find it quickly. I plan on going out there this Friday with another guy who posts here to check it out. i think the longest their range is is 300yrds. There also is a 1000Yrd range west on I 20 west of Weatherford Texas I must have their link on my other computer at my office. I will post it for you later. The Guy who runs that range is an Englishman and ex special opps. I understand they do sniper training there also. Hope this at least gives you a start. Keep in touch and I will get you more info. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like [email protected]
Good Luck

Chris, I am the other guy Texas Dave is talking about that is going to the range in Cumby Texas this Friday. The web site is www.outbacksportsman.com . Neither of us have been there yet but I have talked to them and they said they have 100, 200, and 300 yd ranges. They are open for shooting from 10 til 5 Wednesday thru Sunday. Hope this helps. Welcome to Texas.

Hello Texas fellas. I am from the Dallas area{Mesquite}. There is the Winchester Range off Luna Rd in Dallas. Haven't used it in several years but is usually a lonely place on weekdays. I have only used the 100 yd facility and don't know about the longer ranges if they have any. Chris, the sticking bolt after firing a round can be a sign of excess pressure. In other words the powder in the load may need to be adjusted to a lesser amt.
I have experienced this when I get a little carried away with the powder dispenser. Good to hear from you guys.

The winchester range is great. I go there all the time but it only has a 100yrd range. They also had to build a large berm that has corrigated pipe thru it and that is what you shoot thru. The people there are really nice and helpful.

Thanks for your help everyone. I appreciate it but am wondering where I can go to stretch my legs (ballisticaly speaking). I get the feeling that there isnt much here (Tx) unless you get connected to some private land owners.
Thank you all,
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.