APS Raptor XL 375 Allen Magnum out the door

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Was able to finish up a customers rifle this week and test it with the hornady 390 gr Atip bullet.

This is one of my Raptor XL single shot rifles chambered in 375 Allen Magnum. This model is similar to my standard XHS rifle model except that my custom Raptor barrel contour is used to drop weight while maintaining barrel stiffness and rigidity for ELR precision in a somewhat lighter rifle system. Also shifts center of balance back toward the receiver to give the rifle a more solid feel on the bench.

You can see the bipod positioned on the rear stud and the rifle feels extremely solid on the bench, that would not be the case with my standard XHS barrel contour.
79161AE9-9EFE-4F3D-99B2-A2037149AAA1.jpeg

A7F6E083-58CE-45DC-958B-5BFE84AAA27B.jpeg

A77D4C45-C903-41A2-B480-8F8D1AAA4DEA.jpeg

Used a stout load of RL33 to max these big 390 gr Atips out at just shy of 3200 fps max load. Decided to throttle back a bit and load tested for long range accuracy were doing 3130 fps with VERY comfy pressures, very likely +10 firings per case at that level. Which is far more important to me then an extra 50-60 fps.

Tested at 1030 yards and shot extremely well, easily meeting my accuracy standard requirements. In spite of the power level, quite comfortable to shoot. Would discribe as similar felt recoil as a 30-06 sporter weight rifle with good recoil pad.

Always loved my 375 Allen Mag and today we have many great projo choices to take advantage of this amazing caliber, even with 150 gr powder charges per trigger pull

Was able to finish up a customers rifle this week and test it with the hornady 390 gr Atip bullet.

This is one of my Raptor XL single shot rifles chambered in 375 Allen Magnum. This model is similar to my standard XHS rifle model except that my custom Raptor barrel contour is used to drop weight while maintaining barrel stiffness and rigidity for ELR precision in a somewhat lighter rifle system. Also shifts center of balance back toward the receiver to give the rifle a more solid feel on the bench.

You can see the bipod positioned on the rear stud and the rifle feels extremely solid on the bench, that would not be the case with my standard XHS barrel contour.
View attachment 566545

View attachment 566546

View attachment 566547

Used a stout load of RL33 to max these big 390 gr Atips out at just shy of 3200 fps max load. Decided to throttle back a bit and load tested for long range accuracy were doing 3130 fps with VERY comfy pressures, very likely +10 firings per case at that level. Which is far more important to me then an extra 50-60 fps.

Tested at 1030 yards and shot extremely well, easily meeting my accuracy standard requirements. In spite of the power level, quite comfortable to shoot. Would discribe as similar felt recoil as a 30-06 sporter weight rifle with good recoil pad.

Always loved my 375 Allen Mag and today we have many great projo choices to take advantage of this amazing caliber, even with 150 gr powder charges per trigger pull
Golly that's pretty….and the cartridges even more so!

Thanks for sharing, whenever I see you've posted something new that's an immediate click for me, been admiring your work in pushing the ballistic envelope since I was a teenager.

God bless you sir!!!!

Thanks for sharing, whenever I see you've posted something new that's an immediate click for me, been admiring your work in pushing the ballistic envelope since I was a teenager.

God bless you sir!!!!
Thank you!!

Stay tuned, something pretty unique coming from my shop soon. Been working on it for about a year now. May surprise some that know me quite a bit but very excited for this new project and think it will open up my rifles to a much larger potential audience. Hoping anyway, lots of new stuff coming and still rolling with the traditional hyper performance stuff from my little shop as well!!

Those 390s do look pretty on top of the 375 AM case!!

God bless you sir!!!!
Since you were a teenager??? How old does that make Kirby?? 🤔 😁😇

Couldn't resist. Love the Allen mags. Still the top of the performance heap.

One of the things I look back at as most pivotal in my life is when we met Kirby and shot with him. If not for that I can say we would have never got into the firearms industry.

Thanks, @Fiftydriver for everything you do. Keep pushing.

One of the things I look back at as most pivotal in my life is when we met Kirby and shot with him. If not for that I can say we would have never got into the firearms industry.

In Kirby's defence I'm 32…wasn't THAT long ago 🤣. Feels like a lifetime ago tho.

It has been one of my great professional joys to work with you guys and watch you grow in the industry. Other then a few test rifles i know my roll in your success has been minor at best, more the joy of watching FRIENDS succeed!!

In Kirby's defence I'm 32…wasn't THAT long ago 🤣. Feels like a lifetime ago tho.
Been doing this for 22 years now which also feels like a lifetime ago. When i started, i was the twenty something year old kid getting beat up for having crazy unrealistic dreams…..😳😁. A great deal has changed since those times. Not quite as many flat out call me a liar when i post data for my wildcats….. guess they have proven themselves over time and as such, i have gained some level of respect as being at least honest with the promoing of my products. Truly appreciate you and everyone that has paid attention to my little shop and hairbrained ideas over the years. Not over yet, more coming from APS soon!!

Recent Posts