APR hunter action

KU_Geo

anyone have experience with the Alamo precision Rifles hunter action? Looking at using one for a build and looking for some feedback on them before finalizing components. Going long action, for a 300 wm

Their hunter action is the TL classic hunter action. Have on eof them directly from, TL. It's a great action, controlled round feed, mechanical ejector, what's not to like? I built my 338 rum on one and its a great rifle. Would recommend.

Appreciate the info. Had no idea it was made by TL. Debating between the apr hunter or a defiance tenacity since you can get it in long action now. $100 price difference and just not sure which one I made going to go with. Building a 300 wm or 30 nosler

I really like mine and the features are very nice. I had one of the early versions, which has since been replaced by the newest updated version. It is a very smooth action and the CRF is a very nice feature. I used it for this rifle because of the CRF and mechanical ejector. I like the reliability of both of those. I've run it next to a couple defiance, and to me you're not giving anything up. I'm most likely going to use their G2 action for a comp build soon, unless I can win a cert of something.

Horrible experience on my end with the tl classic hunter action. 3 trips to them for corrective repairs. It had the wrong extractor put in twice, wouldn't feed from mag, gunsmith believes it's fixed now, which I hope, been waiting for the 338 rum to be finished for almost a year, all the hangups have been due to the action and waiting for it to be returned, then sent back yet again.

Last edited:
To be clear, it's based on the tl classic hunter action, but it's not the same.

APR made some tweaks and went back and forth with the design with TL to minimize the runout.

checkout their website and social media for specifics - but they are shooting really well

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.