Apex Outdoors Bullets - A Brief Summary

We let Reloading International handle all our international orders. They do not have any of our bullets in stock at this time, so just let them know what you're interested in, and they will get directly with us. Thanks.

Reloading International
5006 NW B Avenue, Suite B
Pendleton, OR 97801
(541) 636-0966
[email protected]

Thanks. I have a 284 barrel that's never been shot. It's a 8 twist and was thinking light and fast!

Would the 102g have similar velocities to a standard ~100g bullet or would you expect higher velocities than like-weight bullets due to the bearing surface design? (say for example, 20" 6.5cm velocity estimate)

When does it look like the next run would become available?

Would the 102g have similar velocities to a standard ~100g bullet or would you expect higher velocities than like-weight bullets due to the bearing surface design? (say for example, 20" 6.5cm velocity estimate)

When does it look like the next run would become available?
This will vary depending on the bullet it's compared against. As an example, the 150gr TTSX is a lot shorter than our 153gr Afterburner. It also has four grooves, which is a lot for such a short bullet when compared to other TTSXs from Barnes. Therefore, it has very little friction in general, and that can be seen in load data for it. It's a fast 150 compared to others.

So, we are 3gr heavier, and when loaded to the same cartridge OAL of 3.370" in our 300 Win Mag, we also crowd the powder a lot more. Even with those two things working against us, on our pressure sensing and radar equipment, we cannot tell the difference in pressure or muzzle velocity between the two with the same charge weight. They are identical.

I would think compared to cup and core bullets, the 102gr would be a little faster than 100gr bullets, but the load data should work very well and be close enough to get you in the ballpark safely.

As far as production, we are finishing some 30 cal noses from the first batch still. We will cut over straight away to the 264, 277, and 284 in a batch after that. Since these are still first runs, we certainly measure twice, cut once, so it's somewhat impossible for me to have a perfect guess on timing. I'm really hoping three weeks from now, we have them ready.

I need a 338 or 30 for a my 30 Nosler or 338 RUM for a Nilgai hunt. Which bullet would you use?

Our 153gr is the bullet I'd go to for that. It's a balanced, all-around in the Nosler for everything. I'd expect to see around 3400-3450 fps depending on barrel length at around 60 ksi. With the slightly larger case capacity than our 300 WM with Norma brass, I'd look at IMR 4350, Re-17, and A4350 as best options. H4350 would be solid as well, I just think it's the perfect choice in the WM due to a little less case fill. Heck, 17 may get you 3500 fps. We haven't run that yet. Can't get our hands on any. As far as accuracy IMR has been incredible in our WM as has H.