Anything left to actually replace but the bolt itself, and why bother?

BallisticsGuy

It started as a box stock 10FPSR that I traded for a pretty worn BAR in 7mag. Now it's not a 10FPSR anymore. It's something else. It's actually my primary PRS rifle. It's got a Columbia River Arms barrel, PTG bolt lift kit, PTG barrel nut, PTG lug, MDT chassis, 10BA bolt handle, Jard 3-lever trigger, Strike Industries Cookie Cutter brake, XLR butt, DPMS grip, XLR folding stock adapter.

So the only thing left to replace is the bolt assembly itself but I don't really see a point to doing that. So the core question is: Can anyone point a logical reason why anyone might replace an otherwise functional Savage bolt?

Ok if there's no logical reason then ignore logical let's just talk about the "If I were to bother..." question. If I were to bother then I'd want to replace the whole bolt assembly including the striker. I can't find a replacement striker at all much less one in titanium which would at least cut lock time by a few nanoseconds. Anyone know where to get aftermarket Savage bolt internals? I could do an aftermarket bolt head and body but I don't really see the point without doing the striker. Anyone know where there might be non-PTG aftermarket bolt bodies/heads/internals?

Pretty sure after the bolt body and head that there's nothing really left to replace. Anything I'm missing other than a deep seated hatred of PTG (they've actually been pretty good in my experiences).

screen-shot-2021-07-11-at-6.47.50-am.png

If you're curious, it's a 6XC and yes, the brake looks a little odd. On the upside it's the least uncomfortable to be around brake I've ever used while also being a really wonderfully functional brake.

It's pretty accurate. Just trying to see how far from a factory savage I can get it and looking for the elusive titanium striker and wondering about replacing the actual bolt with the question being, "Why bother?"