Anyone using the Sig BDX scopes???

I just bought the 6.5-20x52. It will not replace my Swarovski 4-12x50 or the Zeiss conquest 5-25x50. I am almost disappointed, but got it on sale.

I just bought they SigKilo 3000BDX Binos. I have looked at the tango6 and thought they were clear and seemed like a good scope but no one has the BDX scopes and not sure I want to spend the money to be disappointed in the view

Just saw this thread...Let me offer a different perspective: The glass is...maybe Viper kind of quality. If you are a "glass snob" ( most of us are...or want to be...:D ) your initial impression will, well - you will not be impressed. However - In my humble opinion... the ONLY reason to buy a BDX scope - is *IF* you own or are going to buy a BDX rangefinder or Binos-. The glass is good enough to hunt with - BUT the electronics package will amaze you. So - I guess Sig figured they could come up a little short on the glass because of the trimmed down Applied Ballistics software that works so well. I am fairly impressed with how well it works.

Thanks Tee, I figured the glass would lose in the process of adding the tech side of it but wasn't sure how much the glass would be hurt by it.
I have the binos and have thought about the scopes but I'm in an area with limited selection of options scope wise. Just don't want to throw money out the window not knowing what I'd be buying.

Yep...it is a compromise for sure - BUT...I think they have a winner based on the practically immediate firing solution for distances beyond where one may be real comfortable with their math skills....:D

Hardrock, I have a review on the scope here: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/sig-bdx-scope-review.219995/

Hopefully helps answer some questions for you, feel free to reach out if I failed to answer any you might have. Overall, glass is better than my Viper HST, about the same but slightly better than my HD5, but behind my VX6. Though we no longer had the VX3i to test formally when I wrote this article, we did look at them side by side before swapping, and they seemed pretty much equal, informally.

So I would not call the glass poor at all, but as Tsquare mentioned, the electronics/shooting solution is what makes this system special.

HTH.

That was a very good analysis. And I agree....I did not mean to make the glass sound like junk. Just that if you are a Swaro or Zeiss guy....well.... this may not come up to your standards. But it works well for me.

If you are tempted to buy a bdx scope and intend to hunt Colorado, you might wait till next years regs come out ....I have a very informative email from the "enforcement division" of cpw, they told me that they are reviewing the new "electronics" and may change regs starting next year as they feel some of the new technology imparts an unfair advantage for hunters in the name of fair chase

Aren't they always changing something?....my thinking is that if I waited for the govt. (State...local...or Fed....) to do anything.....I may as well quit hunting. Besides.....CO is not the only place to hunt Elk. In fact....it is not my favorite. Too much red tape.

Actually, most regs have not drastically changed since I've been hunting.Just letting people know. I asked them if they were legal for hunting and they said " yes, this year-- but make sure you stay up to date with the regs as we are currently reviewing those exact scopes and they may not be legal next year"
Your choice, your money, just giving info for others to make an informed decision.

Hey Cat and Tee, Thanks for the info on the glass quality in the BDX scopes.
Cat, I do appreciate all the help you had helped me with on the Kilo3000, it's turning out to be a really nice set up and I'm thinking I didn't give it enough time or tinkering with to begin with.
The tech stuff is sometimes surprisingly good given the right amount of time spent with them

Hey Cat and Tee, Thanks for the info on the glass quality in the BDX scopes.
Cat, I do appreciate all the help you had helped me with on the Kilo3000, it's turning out to be a really nice set up and I'm thinking I didn't give it enough time or tinkering with to begin with.
The tech stuff is sometimes surprisingly good given the right amount of time spent with them
You are very welcome, happy to help!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.