Anyone use a UTG "BugBuster scope?

hankh

Howdy All;

Starting to gather the requisite items for a, hopefully, slightly better than avg.
small game gun. Something for squirrel, rabbit, vermin etc. Have been seeing
some interesting things about the UTG 'Bug Buster" 3-9X32. Has parallax adjustable
from 3 yds. to infinity.
Anyone got one, know anyone that has one, any thoughts?

hank

I had 2 of them several years ago. They are good scopes. I sold the air rifles they were on and and the scopes went with the gun. Make sure the eye relief suits you. I have purchased scopes that I can't use because eye relief is too short. Heavy recoiling Blackpowder rifles will smack your eye if eye relief is too short. (If you are using the scope on a rimfire you will be ok on recoil, but make sure you can get close enough to get a whole sight picture. If I remember correctly, these are short scopes.(???)

Good scopes for the intended purpose which is low recoil guns shot at close distances. I have one on my Benjamin Marauder Pistol with the carbine butt stock. Perfect for that application.

Jay

Go to Pyrimid Ait and scope out their scopes. If a scope can stand up to the double recoil and heavy vibrations it can withstand a rimfire recoil. Actually the folks at Pyrimid say their air rifle scopes can withstand recoil of a .416 Rigby rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.