anyone tried the A 1-3 mcmillan stock yet?

älg

Just wondering if someone has used this stock, what it feels like, weight..???????

I have handled that stock. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, I am so used to the profile and handling of the original A-1 (HTG) that I was not overly enthused with the new design. Higher comb and totally different fore-end, of the two I prefer the higher comb. Still a very nice stock.

I have one of the original prototypes. So far it has been a great stock. I really like the for end. It is more squared off like a tactical style, while the height of the comb is just right for my Nikon Tactical with Farrell base and low rings. The only thing I would ask for is a palm swell, which it does not have. I can send a pic if you want,
Justin

Yes, a pic would be nice (try an angle not exactly the same as appears in the mcmillan webpage if possible) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How much does it weigh?

Here's a couple pics, I can email you a different angle if you want, this is just all I have for now.

bipod004.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

I forgot to mention it is very light. The production ones might be different but this one is light. But I still don't have much recoil due to the massive barrel.
Justin

Thanks Justin. Good to know it is light.

Yes , the barrel is not very skinny.....what cartridge is it chambered for ?

That rifle is a .308 Rem 700 with a Pacnor super match barrel, 26" with a straight taper down to 1" at the muzzle. It shoots beautifully, with very little recoil.
Justin

If you get one you wont regret it. The one i got from Kelly McMillan is my favorite stock. Every position is comfortable and it just plain fits. here are some pictures of my 300wm. About 3000 people handled it at the shot show in Mike Rock's booth and most everyone commented that the liked the feel of the stock.
399661.jpg

399662.jpg

Glen

Thanks Glen, I´m going for it.
Anyway, got your answer already in PLRH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.