Anyone tested runout with Hornady Custom Grade Seating Die?

dmr400

Looking at getting dies for a new caliber, and was looking at Forster Seating Dies, with the alignment sleeve. One of the sites I looked at had a comment saying that the Hornady Custom Grade Seating die uses a similar system, and was just curious if anyone had actually used one with low or no runout necks brass and checked the bullet runout after. If they produce similar runout numbers the Hornady is a bit cheaper, or can have a micrometer stem added for about the cost of the micrometer less Forster. Thanks in advance!

I have either given away or sold my dusty unused Hornady dies.
They would have to be the WORST dies I have ever had the misfortune in paying money for.
I could half seat a bullet, remove it from the die, and SEE the neck was crooked.
That sleeve simply holds the bullet and doesn't align it with the case as advertised. Never seen an ordinary RCBS die do that.
I never measured runout, but find it down my list of what is super important.

I use and recommend Forster dies, very very good quality.

Cheers.
:)

I use a Hornadys seater with micro stem for my Edge and runout is usually .002 with Remington brass. Probably would get better if I cleaned up the necks.

I have many different brands of dies but do not have a favorite.

I have either given away or sold my dusty unused Hornady dies.
They would have to be the WORST dies I have ever had the misfortune in paying money for.
I could half seat a bullet, remove it from the die, and SEE the neck was crooked.
That sleeve simply holds the bullet and doesn't align it with the case as advertised. Never seen an ordinary RCBS die do that.
I never measured runout, but find it down my list of what is super important.

I use and recommend Forster dies, very very good quality.

Cheers.
:)

Thank you

I use a Hornadys seater with micro stem for my Edge and runout is usually .002 with Remington brass. Probably would get better if I cleaned up the necks.

I have many different brands of dies but do not have a favorite.

Thank you do you know what the neck run-out was before seating?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.