Anyone shooting a Huskemaw?

MTLIVIN

So I have a VX6 3-18x44 that's giving me issues, wont hold zero but that's another story...

What Im looking at is the Huskemaw 5-20x50 or the 4-16x42 Blue diamond. I'm wondering if I'd be giving up any optical quality on the 4-16 scope? My vortex HS 4-16 tracks great but clarity is pretty poor, and the same glass in the PST 6-24 is much better on 16x leading me to wonder if I might experience the same thing with a Huskemaw scope. I'm not paying full retail and scope weight is an issue, so please keep the comments to Huskemaw scopes and real world experience, thanks!

So I have a VX6 3-18x44 that's giving me issues, wont hold zero but that's another story...

What Im looking at is the Huskemaw 5-20x50 or the 4-16x42 Blue diamond. I'm wondering if I'd be giving up any optical quality on the 4-16 scope? My vortex HS 4-16 tracks great but clarity is pretty poor, and the same glass in the PST 6-24 is much better on 16x leading me to wonder if I might experience the same thing with a Huskemaw scope. I'm not paying full retail and scope weight is an issue, so please keep the comments to Huskemaw scopes and real world experience, thanks!

The other day I posted about my comparison side by side outside the store with a Swarovski z5 5-25X52 and the Huskemaw 5-50X50. Both I and the store clerk who came out with me could not tell any difference in optical quality while viewing an eye chart I posted on a power pole about 300 yards away. We were using a sand bag on top of the car so the scopes were still.

That's a heck of a compliment to the 5-20 glass Wildcatter! I have compared the 5-20 to my VX6, I felt the VX6 was a bit clearer but that doesn't mean anything if it doesn't track correctly, which Huskemaw has a very good reputation for. I'm hoping someone has looked through the 4-16 to help me with my decision.

I have the 4x16 on my 270WSM and love it. I also have the same Vx6 3x18x44 and it lost it's zero during last hunting season, was shooting 2-3 higher, it also has a slightly canted reticule, The Huskemaw has way better glass. I have purchased the Huskemaw 5x20 to put on my new 28 Nosler. Of all my scopes the Huskemaw glass is the best of Leupold, Zeiss, NIkon, Vortex.

I have the 4x16 on my 270WSM and love it. I also have the same Vx6 3x18x44 and it lost it's zero during last hunting season, was shooting 2-3 higher, it also has a slightly canted reticule, The Huskemaw has way better glass. I have purchased the Huskemaw 5x20 to put on my new 28 Nosler. Of all my scopes the Huskemaw glass is the best of Leupold, Zeiss, NIkon, Vortex.

This sorta gives us a sample of two that have good glass.

I have been using Huskemaw 5x20 scopes, both the original and Blue Diamond series for about seven years and have found them to be comparable in optical quality, turret reproducibility, and reliability to my Nightforce NXS scopes, and in some ways, preferable. The Huskemaw has far less bulk and a half a pound lighter. While this may not be that big of a deal, it is very much appreciated on my LR rigs that are carried a lot. The other nice feature of the Huskemaw is the fast ratio parallax knob which is calibrated for yardage. Both my models are true to the marked yardage calibration. A nice feature when you quickly need to adjust parallax for mid range shots. I still use a visual adjustment beyond 500 yards. My only concern when I first acquired the Huskemaw was the .33MOA click adjustments, and whether they were fine enough for accirate long range shooting. This turned out to be a total non-issue and has not hindered my ability to effectively hit small targets, game and coyotes to 1200 yards, and, several PD's taken as far as 800 yards. Finally these scopes have been subjected to extremes in temperature, and some very rough handling. They hold their zero,and have delivered the goods for me. I think they are one of the best kept secrets in scopes designed specifically for long range hunting. iMO.

I have been using Huskemaw 5x20 scopes, both the original and Blue Diamond series for about seven years and have found them to be comparable in optical quality, turret reproducibility, and reliability to my Nightforce NXS scopes, and in some ways, preferable. The Huskemaw has far less bulk and a half a pound lighter. While this may not be that big of a deal, it is very much appreciated on my LR rigs that are carried a lot. The other nice feature of the Huskemaw is the fast ratio parallax knob which is calibrated for yardage. Both my models are true to the marked yardage calibration. A nice feature when you quickly need to adjust parallax for mid range shots. I still use a visual adjustment beyond 500 yards. My only concern when I first acquired the Huskemaw was the .33MOA click adjustments, and whether they were fine enough for accirate long range shooting. This turned out to be a total non-issue and has not hindered my ability to effectively hit small targets, game and coyotes to 1200 yards, and, several PD's taken as far as 800 yards. Finally these scopes have been subjected to extremes in temperature, and some very rough handling. They hold their zero,and have delivered the goods for me. I think they are one of the best kept secrets in scopes designed specifically for long range hunting. iMO.

Sounds good. I have been pondering a purchase for some time but Huskemaw scopes are relatively rare at this end of the world.

looks like my mountain weight 7mm mag will be wearing the 4-16 husky soon and hopefully my 6.5x284 will be seeing a 5-20 in the near future. It's nice to hear all the good feedback! I think a lot of the flack huskemaw gets is due to their advertising and hype on BOTW, if they were more straightforward with specs such as clarity, weight, ect.. and less on the hype of custom turrets and "1000 yards out of the box" they might do better in forums such as this.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.