Anyone Shooting 7mm Hammer Hunters?

I am using the 177 gr hammer hunters in my 7mm Sherman Max. I am testing RL26 right now. Thought I had found a load for them but it is just at too high a pressure and will trash my brass. So I will drop it down to the next node that I know is not too high on pressure. It will be going around 2950-2960 fps. I am also going to try H1000 which I would recommend with your cartridge. 177 gr HH and H1000 or H4831SC should be a great combination for you.

I've never shot monolithic bullets of any kind. I'm interested to know if they will build pressure slower or faster than a similar weighted copper jacketed lead core bullet?

I've never shot monolithic bullets of any kind. I'm interested to know if they will build pressure slower or faster than a similar weighted copper jacketed lead core bullet?

The 177 Gr hammer hunters built pressure faster in my rifle than Berger's did of the same weight. I can get 50-75 FPS more out of the 175 Gr Berger's. Not really that big of a deal to me.

I used the 143s in a 7SAUM pistol at about 2900 FPS for deer in WV this year. Shot a doe at 311 yds only went about 20 yds after the shot. I wanted to see how they did at 500 but didn't get the chance. I will be using them again next year.

Thanks for the reply's!

Steve recommends the 143's but I do have the 155's stuck in my mind as well;)

Whacked an elk this year quartering away high shoulder. Dropped and found the bullet at the base of the neck. 143 HH 280 Ackley 3100 FPS @ 467 yards.

Smacked a big whitetail at 180 quartering to with the same bullet. Went 10 yards. Bullet didn't stop.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.