Anyone Hunt CO GMU 58 near Guffey?

HappyGVM

Hi all, my 16 year old son drew a bull elk tag for 1st rifle season this year for CO's GMU 58. We have access to some private land where we camp during the summers & have done some deer hunting on the south end of the GMU but its dry and we haven't seen any bulls there in the last few years. Anyone have suggestions on where to start our scouting? The tag is also good for GMU 57 but not familiar with that one.
Thanks in advance!

That area is better suited for deer and pronghorn. To The N, just 20 mins or so, I saw one of the largest elk herds I've ever seen a few months ago, spread across the valley floor, but they have access to Tarryall creek. Maybe some 1st season hunters will scoot them your way. good luck

Thanks and Yeah, we primarily deer hunt on the south end and thought it might be worth a try for elk since it takes 4-5 points. The CO "Hunt Planner" rep--who certainly had no personal knowledge of the area--recommended the area along the border with area 57 but for now I'm going to check out the areas suggested earlier.