anyone hunt/call yotes using a E-bike to get around on?

I know they can get costly but a 10-20 mile range with 4" tires seems like a perfect way to get onto stealth mode
I use in large tracts of land my quad, coyotes are not bothered by it, and I've shot dozens resting the rifle over the seat. most coyotes in farm country are not bothered by motorized vehicles.

I'm leaning towards a quad. Sounds like that'll be just the ticket. I used to walk all over hell and creation huntin them buggers but now Im too old too broke down too **** tired(54) lol
I can walk from here to China if I HAD to, but trying to walk with all your gear on your back on 1000 acre tract is futile and wastes precious time, I'm with you. Besides it would be difficult packing all these out on foot.

Attachments

• 17c.jpg
    17c.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 130
  • gh27.jpg
    gh27.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 122
A person needs to be aware that they can be dangerous and learn what you can and can't do with them no matter which way you go . If you have trouble with your hips , knees ect. , keep in mind you can go farther in 20 minutes then you can get back from with out it in the rest of the day , the same as with a snow machine . I don't know the area you hunt but the areas around here you can be 65 miles from town before you even get on your machine and a few miles from anybody else . Remember you want them to carry you not you them practice safety rules when you are new to them and as time goes on . They are a great invention and can save you many , many miles on your feet I have thousands of miles on four wheelers hunting coyote they are by far more stable then any thing on two wheels but they are not impervious to every situation you can get your self into , they can and do get stuck , have flat tires , run out of fuel and every thing else that any other mechanical thing suffers from . All in all they are worth the investment and the time to learn some of the rules of using them to enhance our coyote hunting experiences . The only mode of transportation that I have found to really bother the coyote in my area is the one that they aren't used to being in their area , they will duck down and lay out of sight for awhile for the most part . If you give them 20 minutes or so after shutting your truck off they will most times get back to whatever it was they were doing and if you have gone a ways from your truck sat and waited for awhile you will be back in business . I use a smaller truck that is gas powered not a diesel as they are quieter and less smally then the diesel engines , an older S-10 , Colorado , Canyon or Toyota ect. in four wheel drive works where I'm at as I have a lot of two track roads and they keep me out of the bad weather , cold and heat as well as the bad dusty roads but that's just me and my area . No matter how you choose to hunt keep in mind that you have someone else in your life that will be concerned about your well being so you want to let someone know where , and when you will be going and when to expect you back especially as we get older or as our health deteriorates for any number of reasons .

A person needs to be aware that they can be dangerous and learn what you can and can't do with them no matter which way you go . If you have trouble with your hips , knees ect. , keep in mind you can go farther in 20 minutes then you can get back from with out it in the rest of the day , the same as with a snow machine . I don't know the area you hunt but the areas around here you can be 65 miles from town before you even get on your machine and a few miles from anybody else . Remember you want them to carry you not you them practice safety rules when you are new to them and as time goes on . They are a great invention and can save you many , many miles on your feet I have thousands of miles on four wheelers hunting coyote they are by far more stable then any thing on two wheels but they are not impervious to every situation you can get your self into , they can and do get stuck , have flat tires , run out of fuel and every thing else that any other mechanical thing suffers from . All in all they are worth the investment and the time to learn some of the rules of using them to enhance our coyote hunting experiences . The only mode of transportation that I have found to really bother the coyote in my area is the one that they aren't used to being in their area , they will duck down and lay out of sight for awhile for the most part . If you give them 20 minutes or so after shutting your truck off they will most times get back to whatever it was they were doing and if you have gone a ways from your truck sat and waited for awhile you will be back in business . I use a smaller truck that is gas powered not a diesel as they are quieter and less smally then the diesel engines , an older S-10 , Colorado , Canyon or Toyota ect. in four wheel drive works where I'm at as I have a lot of two track roads and they keep me out of the bad weather , cold and heat as well as the bad dusty roads but that's just me and my area . No matter how you choose to hunt keep in mind that you have someone else in your life that will be concerned about your well being so you want to let someone know where , and when you will be going and when to expect you back especially as we get older or as our health deteriorates for any number of reasons .
Any coyote that even smells a Chevy product will run and disappear🤣👍 immediately, not so with a Toyota , especially a Tacoma. Coyotes literally jump in the back of a Toyota pick up.

Attachments

• ss1.jpeg
    ss1.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 84
Was your built at the Princton Indiana plant ?
I'm on # 8 Toyota Tacoma just got a 2022, sold my 2020 for 1500$ less than the sticker amazing. My 2022 was made in San Antonio Texas, but Toyota is opening two more plants in Mexico, due to the fact they can't find American workers , that's all I know.

Last edited:
There's a guy on Predator Masters that uses the e-bike quite a bit in Kansas farm country and it does great for him. I would consider it if your terrain is flat enough. I'm not certain it would like our sand hills, I get into some pretty gnarly terrain at times.

I have a couple of the original 2008 Polaris RZR's. They are a little wider than normal due to the offset of the rims and they pretty much will climb anything within reason. My old hunting partner sold his quad after riding with me due to a much better ride and stability. He still gets a little concerned over some of the stuff I go over when there's no alternative lol. I'm pretty careful for the reasons mentioned above, it's a long ways out sometimes lol.

Anyway, the quieter muffler trick does help. I installed small car mufflers in place of the stock one. To the human ear in hills, it's very hard to hear until your fairly close. Obviously a coyote hears better, and there's no way to know how many I've spooked off but the alternative is walking or horseback or use a truck and risk tearing up both the truck and this fragile terrain.

Now I need to rig one up with nightvision and a monitor for night hunting to keep the lights off. Maybe an extra muffler too.

I will add that in the cab, utvs definitely seem louder than any truck, and one hunter I took out said it seemed too loud. Of course you're sitting a few inches from the clutch and motor with not much sound barrier. Another thing to consider when trying to be stealthy is having all your cargo secured. A quiet truck won't do you much good if you have all kinds of stuff rolling around and clanging in the back.

The helmet and four tube night vision ones only run around 25 to 30 thousand dollars but you can drive your four wheeler without headlights on .

The helmet and four tube night vision ones only run around 25 to 30 thousand dollars but you can drive your four wheeler without headlights on .
Yes you can, and you could wind up decapitated like one did two summers ago, apparently a trespasser, poacher breached posted power line property and was running down the line at around 10pm, I just came on shift when I got the call. The intruder hit the cable across the power line just before the road about 100 yards from, at about 30 mph, and paid the ultimate price. I personally don't recommend running atv, or snowmobiles in the dark. One does however become cynical and paranoid when working in LE.