Anyone found a solvent that cleans up cases without having to tumble?

I have a reloading video by David Tubb,and he recomends not polishing brass.He said you don't want brass too smooth,because it can actually move around inside the chamber and cause accuracy issues,that's why he doesn't tumble cases anymore than necessary.That's why I only clean around the neck/shoulder area,unless there is visible dirt on the rest of the case that needs wiped off.My loaded rounds aren't pretty,just functional.:)

Agree with that statement---mine are tumbled for about 10 minutes and that is it. Just to remove the One Shot lube.

LRHWAL, are you spinning them? If so how or just using alot of elbow grease and time?

the KG1 works very well, the sooner you wipe the necks after fireing the easier it cleans up.
lately i have been using a sonic cleaner. i read an artical over on 6mmbr and thought i would give it ago. after following their recomendations the results are impresive, clean cases inside and out + no elbow grease required.

Chas1

Put a can of it in your range box. While your waiting for the barrel to cool between shots/strings, give the outside of your case necks a twirl or two. Wipe cases clean of residue with rag.

When you're back from the range....No tumble necessary:)

Chas1, it comes off really easily. You don't really need much effort at all and yes, as Autorotate says, if you do it shortly after shooting it's even easier.

The only part that requires some attention is the neck shoulder junction where you might want to be sure to push the cotton swab stuff into the corner.

It also works almost forever. The material stays damp for a long time and you can use it long after it's black and grubby (just makes your fingers dirtier!). This makes it really cheap. I'd guess one can could last you almost forever!

I have buddies who spin to clean the whole case, but I only clean the neck and shoulder. When I clean with an ultrasonic cleaner there's always still a mark on the neck (maybe my machine or solution isn't so great), so I always use the Never Dull.

Autocrat, thanks for the response. Kinda reminds me of using Braaso a long long time ago in the military to polish my brass belt buckles and such.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts