Anybody 175gr LRX 30/06?

Have used the 175lrx quite a bit in my 30.06. Elk,moose, deer, bears. Small hole in, small hole out ....big ole mess in between. Never had a critter go more than 40 yds. RL 17 works well for me, hunting load is 2852fps in a 24" tube.

I just bought some Reloader 17 what was your load data with the 175 LRX in 30-06

I have always used 200 fps over manufacturers claims, paired with 1000 ft/lbs with barnes and had stellar repeatable performance. So with the 175 lrx, however far your load will hold 1800 fps AND 1000ft/lbs, you'll be good to go even if you dont hit bone.
As an example....the 175lrx@3000fps, i would have no concerns out to 700 yds as thats where it hits 1800 fps. If you can be sure of hitting bone they will work beyond that though.

Jmo
Chris
Barnes tech told me the 175 LRX is designed to have an expansion threshold of 1500 fps. I have only loaded for the 300 win mag witch shoots .5 moa. I have some 06 brass in tumbler now to work up a load. The 168 grain ttsx is designed for 1600 fps expansion limit. Those are minimal expansion adding a couple hundred feet couldn't hurt. Hoping to find out this year. The 165's and below in .308 are 1800 per Barnes. Have had a couple of lengthy chats with Barnes techs.

I went down this same road with my 30/06 a few years back. Ended up settling on the 168 TTSX. Availability was an issue and I couldn't get the 175 LRX. Finding the proper setback from the lands was crucial. I also had a few conversations with the Barnes tech. 55.8 gr of H4350 drives that bullet hard and extremely consistent. Ive shot a good handful of critters with that TTSX and couldn't imagine loading anything else in my 30/06. It does behave different than lead bullets. But after experiencing got it, I really like it. I'd have to check some notes, but I believe the velocity provides good expansion past 500 yds.

I went down this same road with my 30/06 a few years back. Ended up settling on the 168 TTSX. Availability was an issue and I couldn't get the 175 LRX. Finding the proper setback from the lands was crucial. I also had a few conversations with the Barnes tech. 55.8 gr of H4350 drives that bullet hard and extremely consistent. Ive shot a good handful of critters with that TTSX and couldn't imagine loading anything else in my 30/06. It does behave different than lead bullets. But after experiencing got it, I really like it. I'd have to check some notes, but I believe the velocity provides good expansion past 500 yds.
Yes, I have worked up a decent load with the 168 ttsx loading at 55.5 grains of h4350. Extreme spread of 14 fps and that was with Barnes COAL. Shots under moa. Son just wanted to try the 175 LRX and I have some. Not sure why, for large game he has a 300 PRC and I have worked up a load for the 200 grain LRX that's shooting .5 moa. He has the 1-9 t twist. Funny Barnes says 1-8 from 175 and up on the 300 PRC and 1-10 on the 300 win mag. The velocity for these rounds is so close in both that not sure why. Tech couldn't explain why they did it that way for the two cartridges. Son's 300 PRC is shooting lights out with 1-9 and the 200 grain LRX.

No experience with the 175 gr LRX but I'm running a 300 win mag with 190gr LRX bullets. I've harvested two bull elk with the 190's. One was at 390 yards and it instantly dropped dead. The other was at 330 yards and it took less than 10 steps before expiring. Both were double-lung shots with complete pass-throughs. I've been pleased with their performance and I like having the added assurance of being able to punch through bone on a quartering shot in order to get into vitals if needed. I would imagine you'll have a similar experience with the 175gr considering you'll get a velocity bump with the slightly lighter pill. Best of luck!