Any using the 55X bush comp scope?

Max Heat

I currently have 2 "big-power" scopes - a 36X44, and a 10-40X50. But they aren't exactly big-name, or big-money. Many say that is "too" much power for LR shooting though, saying that most folk only go 10X, I can understand the reasoning, being that at 40X, any "errors" will be 4 times as large, compared to a 10X scope. I figured that's why the big-money names stay out of big-power territory.

But then I saw the 15-55X60 (30mm tube) in the latest midwayUSA flyer, with it's big-name pricetag of 23 hundred. I don't think that many here consider Bushnell to be big-name (I do mean cost-wise), but it looks like they are trying to outdo the big-names with this "competition" model scope, and it's high magnification level.

I balk at paying over 2 grand for a big-name 10x scope. But 55X for the same money seems like way more bang for the buck, and 2.4 grand does put it into the non-junk-decent-scope category, doesn't it?

Once you get used to big-power, it's not easy to back down.

I don't like Bushnell. I did like them when Bausch & Lomb (which was a division of Bushnell years ago) were making scopes. They were the high-end Bushnells, but used a different name because of the "prestige" associated with the Busnell name, they wanted to be looked at in a higher perspective.

Many years back, Bushnell did away with the Bausch & Lomb name, and took over calling them the Bushnell Elite series scopes. They're just as good as the old Bausch & Lombs, because they are the same thing, but I refuse to buy one because it says Bushnell on it. I know, pathetic, right? :D

So, needless to say, I will never pay more than a couple hundred bucks for something that says "Bushnell" on it.

Just simply my thoughts.

I guess that's the dilema. It almost DOESN'T sound right for something that says bushnell on it to cost 24 hundred. .But I wonder if those big-name (german, and the likes) companies will ever come out with something with comparable magnification, without costing 10 grand!

Look into the March-X 8-80x56 scope. It's about 3,800-4,200, but I know for a fact March scopes are tippy-top tier in quality.

The NF NXS 12-42x56 would be the closest in mag and cost that I can think of.

Max Heat are you referring to the new 15x55x52 Nightforce Competition?
I didn't know Bushnell makes a 15x55. If its the NF I will tell you its a great highpower scope, I've been to the range several times now with mine and I love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.