Any referrals fro accurizing a Weatherby?

lkupchanko

Hi, I'm new to the board and am looking for a referral for someone (west coast preferred) who can accurize my 300 Weatherby Mag. Put on a Swarovski Z5 scope but cannot get the grouping tighter than 2 inches at 100/yards. Hoping someone can refer a gunsmith that has experience working with Weatherby rifles and may be able to help.

Thanks,

Loni

Hi, I'm new to the board and am looking for a referral for someone (west coast preferred) who can accurize my 300 Weatherby Mag. Put on a Swarovski Z5 scope but cannot get the grouping tighter than 2 inches at 100/yards. Hoping someone can refer a gunsmith that has experience working with Weatherby rifles and may be able to help.

Thanks,

Loni

What bullets are you using? I have seen the freebore of a weatherby cause accuracy issues many times. a simple solution would be changing bullets. I have seen Barnes TSX and TTSX fix most of them because they are not very seating depth sensitive. Bedding could help.. floating..etc.. but if you want to just send it off and have a finished product sent to you I have heard great things about hill country rifles in texas.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm shooting 180 grain Nosler Partitions and have also tried the 150 gr partitions as well (the ballistics are very close and I have a custom turret).

I'll reach out the Hill Country...

Like TikkaMike said/implied. Seating depth....

Then there is the barrel heating challenge.

I'm near San Louis Obispo if you are anywhere near, we can meet up to swap suggestions. I travel a great deal as well so I could be near you on my work or hunting rounds.

I'll send a PM with my contact details.

I'm a Weatherby fan because they shoot, look nice, feel "right" to me and I live close to Weatherby.

The Weatherby factory and service center is in CA and I still haven't figured out what they did to mine but it made a HUGE difference. If it won't shoot in the Weatherby guarantee 1 1/2 MOA with their ammunition then send it back.

PS.. I also relaod for mine and found the best shooting load for my 7 mm Weatherby mag in a Barnes 140 gr. TSX.

Chanko, welcome to the forum. I have 4 Weatherby rifles. They shot marginally until the stocks were bedded and freefloated. One had the black plastic stock which was replaced with a Bell & Carlson Medalist. I only shoot hand loads. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts