Any long range shooter and hunter from Wyoming?

I live in Saratoga and hunt out of there. But I also run the long range facility at the Rawlins Outdoor Shooting Range and hold both 600 and 1000 yard matches May through August. PM if interested.

We should probably stay in touch and do a camping trip in the bighorns with some LR shooting this summer.

Lycanite I noted your form of hunting hogs !
We had two guys trying that with three dogs (pit bulls) in an area called "The Macquarie Marshes" This is very serious pig country
Long story short they weren,t found only bits and the two remaining dogs had to be put down due to damage too great to save
The pigs in this area have bred up in mass and it is an ideal breading ground for them
Anyway good luck with the knives but I wouldnt try it in Australia

I work in Pinedale and would to meet up with some one also this spring or around February to try out cold windy and high altitude shooting. I live in Arkansas and love to shoot. Would be a perfect opportunity for me to learn from yal.

Lycanite I noted your form of hunting hogs !
We had two guys trying that with three dogs (pit bulls) in an area called "The Macquarie Marshes" This is very serious pig country
Long story short they weren,t found only bits and the two remaining dogs had to be put down due to damage too great to save
The pigs in this area have bred up in mass and it is an ideal breading ground for them
Anyway good luck with the knives but I wouldnt try it in Australia
I am with you some AR's, pistols n shot guns are my choice

We usually have several lightweight trailing hounds and we hang on to our catch hounds until they bay. We keep our catch dogs fresh and with us until we go right into do the kill. And of course they do wear Kevlar harness and collar. We've had maybe 14 stitches in 12 years of hunting. The surprising thing is in all the years of hunting wild boar I don't think I've ever had one die faster than with a knife. It is nearly instantaneous.I even hit a 300-pounder with a 12 gauge slug at pretty close range through and through the chest and he went maybe 10 feet kicked and expired. The knife though is so much faster. Well except of course the CNS hit

I live and shoot and hunt in Wyoming. If you want to hunt or shoot together let me know.
My brother and I, and a close friend, would love to hunt in WYOMING for Elk, but we have no references where to hunt. we live in MiISSOURI, but we have hunted in COLORADO numerous times. We have heard about better hunting in WYOMING and would like to try there.

We usually have several lightweight trailing hounds and we hang on to our catch hounds until they bay. We keep our catch dogs fresh and with us until we go right into do the kill. And of course they do wear Kevlar harness and collar. We've had maybe 14 stitches in 12 years of hunting. The surprising thing is in all the years of hunting wild boar I don't think I've ever had one die faster than with a knife. It is nearly instantaneous.I even hit a 300-pounder with a 12 gauge slug at pretty close range through and through the chest and he went maybe 10 feet kicked and expired. The knife though is so much faster. Well except of course the CNS hit
Yes I can understand the quick kill however you may not have come across the volume of wild boar that can swamp your dogs and yourself
I was recently chatting with a ranger in an area close to the Macquarie marshes who said that they had a chopper and a weld mesh fence trap of about 100 meters in diameter and the got aprox four and a half thousand pigs in two days
There is a German company that places 40 foot refrigerated containers in the country towns for the farmers (called Chillers)
They shoot pigs and hang them in the Chillers and the farmers make a few extra bucks

I'm in NY but always come out by you for some goat meat and some long range shooting.
Let me know if you want some easterners to hang out with also. Running out of goat meat

I live 1 hour SW from Laramie and 1 hour SE of Saratoga. Gun shop is in Saratoga

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.