New long range shooter/hunter from Grand Rapids, MI

Tyler700

Hey guys, I am a relatively new hunter(I've been around hunting and been hunting since I was a little kid, but I am only 19 now), and brand new to long range shooting. I just started long range (so far I have made it out to 600 yds) shooting about a month ago. I am working on holding MOA out to 600 before I move out to a farther distance. I JUST started handloading, and have been learning some new interesting things from some friends in that area. I currently have 2 very similar long range set-ups. The first is a Remington 700 SPS tactical in a HS precision stock. The stock was skim bedded by Kampfeld Customs, and they also installed a badger bolt handle. It is wearing a leupold 20moa base, leupold rings, a TIS cuff sling, and right now it does not have a scope. It had a SWFA SS fixed 10x, but right now, I lent it to a friend so I have a shooting partner. The other is a savage 10PC with EGW 20 moa base, leupold rings, a harris non-swivel bipod, and a bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x50 mil dot scope. Both guns are in .308

Welcome to LongRangeHunting. Sounds like a couple of nice guns. It won't be long and you'll be stretching it out to 1000 yards or more.

Just a very friendly warning!!!! This site contains some of the best people in the shooting world. most helpful friendly and most import honest. However with that being said This sight will usually end up costing you money. and the long range bug has no cure. it is a disease that will consume you.
Welcome to the best sight for long range shooting information.

I already caught the bug. I sold off a lot of my old weapons to afford the rifles that I have now. And I already have plans in the books for upgrading my current rifles and getting a few new weapons in new calibers. Also ordered a new scope for the remington because my friend decided he wanted to buy the SS off my hands! Now time to find some stock packs!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.