any one have a Mark 4 8.5-25 scope that is a little fuzy at 25 power

bigrich954rr

My scope on the lower powers i think looks clearer then at 22-25 power is this in my head or do i have a bad scope. whats the deal with this. any ideas

Mine is darker @ the listed powers but still very clear. I shot it next to a NF this morning and really didn't notice much difference optically. I did however love the NPR2 reticle!!!

At low power 8.5 I can clearly see every leaf. At 25 the leaves are fuzzy and blend a little bit. Is that about how your's is? If not, is there any way to see how far off from normal mine is?

On the high powered scopes a lot depends on the conditions. I have several 6.5-20 Leupolds and 1 8-32 Black Diamond. On my 20 power scopes I almost never see the atmosphere but on the 32 power scope it sees everything. On very cold clear mornings it is excellent but if there is any fog or haze hanging it is almost unusable on 32 power. I'm thinking the 25 power is starting to pick up the mirage and moisture on the highest setting and causing this. Try you scope at first light.

Maybe a bump question but are you readjusting your paralax adjustment for the upper power ranges?

What appears to be focused at lower power will often not appear so on the upper end of the power range. YOu probably already did this but just checking.

Kirby Allen(50)

Since I can't say for sure that it's fuzzy I'm going to say no. If it were fuzzy, I'd have noticed it by now. The only complaint I have is that the image is just a hair out of focus when all the paralex is adjusted out.

I took my scope off and bought it to work to have other people look though it. Yes i readjusted the paralax adjustment. they said it did look a little fuzzier when at max power. but only a little and that im to picky. thank you for taking time to try to help out. i guess ill just have to learn to like it.

Mine is. Looked through a zeiss the other day it was clearer.I,m not buying another i,m going to pretend it didn,t happen.

Have you tried to focus the scope to your eye by getting the parallax out of the scope then loosening the lock ring in the back of the scope and adjusting the back eyepiece in or out? This may help. I have one of the 8.5x25 LRT boosted to 20x50 and at 1000 yards I can see my bullet holes if they are in the wight on 40 to 50 power in good conditions.

If you cant get it clear send it in to Leupold and have them fix it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.