Any of you have this weird problem

Try a white paper food plate,draw a 4 inch plus sign then line up your retical with that ,Or use the letter L & line your retical on that , Or simply try blue or green ,or a fluorescent color lime green , hot pink , ps your doing great , there is a learning curve ,Cheers !

What is your trigger pull weight? It shouldn't take too much of a squeeze to make it happen when shooting for groups. A clean break that surprises and a light trigger pull 28oz was what got me shooting really good groups. You can crank it up some when hunting but for target shooting it shouldn't take a long hard squeeze. Factory triggers are sometimes a bit rough with sear movement if they haven't been worked on by a good smith, I prefer a good competition trigger that adjusts. Dave

The problem is you are trying to hold the crosshairs steady.

Nobody that shoots tight little groups does that.

Use a steady bipod, or front rest. Use a good monopod, or rear rest. Let the equipment keep the steady, you just trigger it.

Lots of good suggestions.

Try having someone else load your rifle for you, you won't know if you have a live round or a snap cap. First time someone suggested doing it for me it really brought out what was happening to my sight alignment at the moment the trigger broke.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.