Any Bugling near Chama yet?

I live 100 miles south of Chama your timing is going to be perfect , I spoke with a hunting guide from Chama yesterday , he guides for Chama Land and Cattle Co. and he said that the only bugling heard was at 2:00 in the morning and very little of that . It is starting to cool off so you are going to hit it perfect .

Hearing a few during the night, it's starting to cool down so things should heat up soon, Chromo...
Chromo in Colorado or the NM side? When I hunted the Quinlan, the Ranch was up one side of Chromo Mountain (NM side). I killed a couple Bulls over the years on Chromo, last one was a nice 6X6 out of the Rabbit Blind.

I live in Rutheron, New Mexico about 15 miles South of the Colorado border near the Chama river. The elk are starting to get active, however, it is still quite warm so they should take a little longer to get fully into the rut.

Thanks JP. Any talk of when some cold weather might move into your area? I will be there two weeks from today. Thanks again..

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.