Any $500 ish 30x+ scopes available?

A sub $500 30x scope is not going to very usable at 30x. Most of the 24x options are known to suck badly at 24x.

An SWFA fixed 20x or an Athlon Helos Gen 2 4-20x50 is all I can think of in that range. A few more bucks gets you an Arken 5-25x56 EP5 and then it's a lot more $ to get better than that IMO.

Burris made a Black Diamond 30mm in 8x-32x, ya might find a used one for around that. They're pretty tough scope too.

Athlon Optics Argos BTR GEN2 8-34X56 First Focal Plane Riflescopes
Amazon Link

I have four of these low-level Athons floating around on various rifles. I use them on ARs, factory rifles, things of the like where the precision standard is 1MOA and no better. One is currently sitting on a 338 Lapua and has held up fine on it.

These scopes are NOTICEABLY darker than good glass, they're fuzzier, they don't track as well, the clicks aren't as good. Basically exactly what you'd expect from something that costs less than 10% of what a Tangent does. But in cases where these scopes are arguably better than what they're sitting on top of, they do work fine. I've walked one out to 1200 yards before, on a 243 AI.

Last edited: