any 1 try this yet? Bushnell Elite 1500 Laser Rangefinder

Re: Ian, any word yet?

Here's some pictures from Ian M.

I'll help caption some:

Landscape cluttered by technology and dead wood.
Laser1.jpg

A HAL 9000 view of the north woods.
Laser2.jpg

Futuristic tree harvesting system functional testing.
Laser3.jpg

Maybe Ian has something more meaningful to to add. (It's time for my Stelazine just now.)

Thanks Dave, your captions are - uh, interesting... First image shows the Bushnell 1500, 8x30 Swarovski and Leica 1200 overlooking a hillside on the top of Vancouver Island. Somewhere near Port Hardy, maybe within two hours - driving some of the damdest roads that I have ever been on.
Second shows the second mode on the Bushnell, there was a nice black bear walking on the trail but he was in the brush to the left side of the picture when I took this image, next image shows the setting for shooting through twigs or grass in the foreground - I think. If not it is for lasering small black clumps of trees /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Never got a manual but probably wouldn't have read it anyhow. Sure hope you guys enjoy your new Bushnells, I think it is a fine laser BUT like ever almost every other laser we can obtain, there are limitations and that is what we have to live with.

would slope be the same for shooting? If so this would be great for hunting with the angle right in your rangefinder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Bob

Anyone find out yet about the slope feature on the yardage pro pinseeker 1500. I wrote Optic Zone but have not heard back yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Bob

Bob,

We sent you an email yesterday. Did you not get it? Below is the description from Bushnell website.

"The secret to a good round of golf is making accurate shots – not easy when the pin is competing with the trees around it for your rangefinder's attention. Next time, pack along our new PinSeeker®. It's accurate to +/- one yard from 5 to 1,500 yards away, is able to measure slope and will range directly to the flag, not the objects behind it. With three Selective Targeting modes, you'll get the shot you're looking for, every time – no worries, hazards or mulligans necessary.

Hope this helps out. I have not had the opportunity to see one yet since they are not available yet. I have not even handled the Elite 1500, because we had them sold before we even got our first shipment in. In they come one day, out the next. No time to even play with one.

Yes Jon, I got the info you sent thanks, as for the pinseeker if it will give you an accurate reading for the angle, then this would be the one to purchase. To me it seems a little absurd that bushnell would build two range finders that are the same, except for angle of shot. Why not build one for both sports /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
One thing I did not see Jon was the power. Could you give us that thanks Bob

Jon,
Looks like the golfers get more attention than us hunters doesn't it? I think they blew that one, angles are more of a headache for some shooters than golfers I would expect. Sure strange that they would develope two models when many hunters would prefer the golfing model... Is the golf model much more money?
I have been hunting with the 1500 and I find it to be a very nice laser.

Ian,

Totally agree. We have more of the Pinseeker 1500 w/Slope orders on backorder than total orders for the Elite 1500. Our price is $369, so $40 more.

Comparing the Pinseeker 1500 to the Elite 1500, it was my impression that the Pinseeker 1500 was spec'd the same as the old YP1000 but w/ angle function, and the Elite 1500 was good for more range on non-reflective targets? I'll have to go look again, but that was my impression. The other modes available on the Elite 1500 did not seem to be available on the Pinseeker either.

Brent,

There are 3 new models:

Elite 1500
Pinseeker 1500
Pinseeker 1500 w/Slope

All range out to 1500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts