Antelope response to pressure

Snowbird

I'm a novice antelope hunter and have only been out a couple days ever. when i did go it was a couple weeks into the season in SE Wyoming and noticed very few antelope compared to the months leading up to the season. so, do they head for the hills after the first day? how do you change your approach as the season goes on?

fwiw, i'm only hunting on a NR doe tag in unit 100-7.

Give it a little bit of time. Antelope rut is getting started, and they will be staking out their territory.
When there is pressure they head back away from the roads just like all the species.

Give it a little bit of time. Antelope rut is getting started, and they will be staking out their territory.
When there is pressure they head back away from the roads just like all the species.

thanks for the reply. i should clarify that i haven't been out this season. i'm trying to decide when to plan a hunt and the season opens this weekend and goes until oct 31st. i may give the opener a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.