Anschutz 270

Dengelbrecht

does anyone know this rifle. I am looking for more info on it. I inherited it from my dad and have been made to believe it could be a collectors item as only a few were made.

could it be an early pre- WWII Anschultz???
if memory serve me correct the factory was bombed during WWII...... the 270 is an old enough cartridge the rifle could have been made pre-war.... back then (I believe) the company wasn't into rim-fire as exclusively as they are now...

could it be an early pre- WWII Anschultz???
if memory serve me correct the factory was bombed during WWII...... the 270 is an old enough cartridge the rifle could have been made pre-war.... back then (I believe) the company wasn't into rim-fire as exclusively as they are now...

Yes, it could be a pre - WWII model, unfortunately I didn't find anything relevant. Not concerning a Model 270 or a hunting rifle in 270W. It could be very helpful if the OP would post a picture and a precise description of labels / markings on the rifle itself. The company exists since 1856 and moved shortly after WWII from Zella - Mehlis, close to famous Suhl, to Ulm in Southern Germany. There Anschuetz is still manufacturing its famous rifles. BTW, some years ago they started again manufacturing hunting - rifles (30 - 06). These rifles have got some good reputation and Anschuetz constructed an action of its own.

J.G. ANSCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KG - Caliber .30-06

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.