Another thread gave me the guts to post this

Status
Not open for further replies.

royinidaho

From The London Daily Telegraph Editor On Foreign Relations

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States. But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue."

One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain, presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified." There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House", said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable", Mr. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina's specious claim to the Falkland Islands, a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina. When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain's friendship really mean so little to him?" One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued." One official > named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russia has offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran. Syria's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea.

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

-- London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

A) I suspect you're preaching to the choir here, and B) there's hardly any news in this piece. Obama's incompetence, disconnection from the American people and the American ideals are the most poorly kept secret in the world. He's been openly insulting of the Brits, downright hostile to the Israelis, feckless in dealing with Russia and China, etc., etc., etc.. If someone had told me three years ago that within my lifetime we'd see a president that actually made Jimmy Carter look competent, I'd have laughed in their face. Today, Carter seems like a an accomplished statesman by comparison, despite the fact that he still remains a mean-spirited, bitter little man. Congrats, Jimmy, you're now only the second worst president in US history.

Don't know where we're headed in 2012, but I'll make it clear, I will support Romney, Pawlenty, Bachman, Cain, Paul, Palin, or any other nominee who runs against this fool. Bottom line is making him a one term president, and correcting his series of disasterous misteps one and all. To my mind, the next election isn't about electing the candidate I may want most, as much as it is about getting Barack Hussein Obama OUT OF OFFICE. We CANNOT afford another four years of this moron, period.

Thanks Roy, I wont vote for him thats for sure I tried to preach about him the first time but no one in my union would listen to me they were all for him. All my Mil buddys were with me in our dislike of him. Its funny that now they all hate him when at first they were so smittn with him.

Hey, every time I see an Obama bumper sticker on a car, I feel like they owe me an apology, personally. Been asked before, but it's still worth repeating, "If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist, who're you going to vote for in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot?"

Hey, every time I see an Obama bumper sticker on a car, I feel like they owe me an apology, personally. Been asked before, but it's still worth repeating, "If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist, who're you going to vote for in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot?"

I know what you mean about the bumper stickers.

My wife is no fan pf his, but she still gets irritated when I openly contemplate the possibility of removing an Obama bumper sticker with my front bumper at highway speeds...:D

Well, we joke around about it a bit and I do hear grumbling, but it's seriously going to take years to undo the damage this idiot's done to this country. I'm hoping relationships with the Brits, the Israelis and the Germans won't be too bad, since I think they all get the fact that it's Obama that's expressing himself, not the American people. At least, I try to make that point clear whenever I travel abroad. As to the way in which the Chinese, the Russians and the Arabs are now viewing us as a paper tiger, that's going to be tough to put back in place, and it could very well take someone as resolute and determined as Reagan to make that point clear. Pakistan's already all but spitting in our face while we hand them money. Iran will have the bomb in fairly short order. In short, the mess he's made is about to become even more serious in the near future, and the next occupant is going to have one helluva mess to get straightend out. And Obama thinks HE walked into a mess!

As an old Chinese curse says, we are living in interesting times.

Guys

I'd appreciate your cooperation in posting political topics only when they very directly affect guns and hunting.

And then post them in the Politics of Guns and hunting forum.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts