Another Sendero Paint Job

7mmSendaro

My Dad and I finished the paint job on his Sendero a few weeks ago but I just finially remembered to take pictures. This was done by apinting the base coat (tan), the masking for the other colors. He created the masking by putting layers of slightly over lapping painters tape on the shiny side of butcher paper. He would then cut out the shape.

We could then remove the remaining masking tape fromt he butcher paper and stick on the rifle. As you can see this worked very well as you could wrap the mask around the stock, barrel, etc.

Finally we coated with a matte clear coat. This added a slight bit of shine but increases durability tremendously.
503795.JPG
503796.JPG

That's awsome!!! I'm still new to all of this and little tips and tricks like this are great. Great job on the gun.

What paint did you use?

I have done two now using the Hunter's Specialties paints. You can buy individual cans or a kit. There is another thread here somewhere by Sendero Man that shows his paint jobs using the same kits. That's where I learned about it. Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.