Another Satisfied 338 Edge Owner

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me the lowdown on the 338 Edge cartridge? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search for threads with "Edge" in the title with the author Shawn Carlock to narrow it down a bit, and you'll find plenty of more in-depth reading. The short version of what I've read is that it's 300 RUM brass necked out to .338, people shoot 300 grain SMK's out of them, and there are some really cool pictures of long range groups in a few different threads. There's another link floating around to a feature that a sniper site did on it. It sounds like a heck of a gun. Maybe after I wear out my .300 RUM. Or maybe before. Or maybe if I ever get another opportunity to go hunting with something that would merit such a cool gun. 1200 yard prairie dog explosions anyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qzilla,

I was hunting with Shawn last week and was able to run a through rounds through his personal 338 Edge and was extremely impressed with the round. We had no trouble getting hits at nearly a mile with his rifle.

I am sure yours is no different!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me the lowdown on the 338 Edge cartridge? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search for threads with "Edge" in the title with the author Shawn Carlock to narrow it down a bit, and you'll find plenty of more in-depth reading. The short version of what I've read is that it's 300 RUM brass necked out to .338, people shoot 300 grain SMK's out of them, and there are some really cool pictures of long range groups in a few different threads. There's another link floating around to a feature that a sniper site did on it. It sounds like a heck of a gun. Maybe after I wear out my .300 RUM. Or maybe before. Or maybe if I ever get another opportunity to go hunting with something that would merit such a cool gun. 1200 yard prairie dog explosions anyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]why wait that barrel will still come off even in good shape. i should know i just took mine off for a edge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and i can't wait. but i did just buy a new 300 rum to replace the other one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif life is good and getting better

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe after I wear out my .300 RUM. Or maybe before. Or maybe if I ever get another opportunity to go hunting with something that would merit such a cool gun. 1200 yard prairie dog explosions anyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]why wait that barrel will still come off even in good shape. i should know i just took mine off for a edge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and i can't wait. but i did just buy a new 300 rum to replace the other one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif life is good and getting better

[/ QUOTE ]

True that... I just hate to have a pile of perfectly good rifle parts sitting in a corner after it's all said and done. If I do a custom, it's gonna be the whole 9 yards, so I figure I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a stainless 700 action. I suppose I better keep an eye out for the big fat roll of money I'd be needing, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sexy rifle, shawn did not build my rifle but I definetly used his input with help on load development. I shoot the exact same load I just use the Fed GM215M primer. Awesome rifle, I am very impressed and it just furthers my beleif that the .338-300RUM is about the finest long range cartridge around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.