Another Rangefinder Question

toddconley

I am in the market to replace my bushnell yardage pro 1500. I want to be able to range deer @1000 yards. Don't really need to be any farther than than that though. Which one do I have to buy to get this done. Will the leica do it or do I have to go to the Swaro.
Thanks,
T

I have recently owned a Leica 1200 LRF scan. They are great but like most 1200 and 1500's they have limitations. In morning and evening light they will range to 1200 yards or more. In mid day bright sun they will only go 500 to 700. In my opinion, if you want to be able to range 1000 anytime you need to step up to at least the Swaro 8x30 Laser Guide. I just bought a laser guide and I can get 1000 is the sun. But I may have to rest it steady and work at it on small targets in brightest conditions still. I will add I have ranged to 1878 yards in evening light.

Jeff

In the bright sunlight here in nevada at 3:00 (15:00) I ranged a painted dark brown 55 gal drum at 1074 yards with my leica. I have reproduced this on three different occasions.

I just got my new crf 1200 leica. I really like it, but I doubt if i could range a deer reliably past 800 under most condition. Ideal low light conditions I think it would, but if you really want to be able to do 1000 on an actual deer the leica will come up short. I can reliably range treelines out to about 850 - 900 in bright sun, low light 1250. I ranged a deer at just over 800 a couple years ago in low light and it was a little tricky, but it did it.

I am selling it. It is a 1500 Bino. It is in fine working order. As good as it ever was. Make me a offer. Not sure what it is worth.
T

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.