BAD Titanium take down pins
BAD BAD-CASS-SA Combat Ambi Safety Selector
BAD BAD-EMR Enhanced Magazine Release - Anodized BLACK
BAD Titanium grip screw
Norgon Ambi Catch
Gissele SSA-E Trigger
SWFA SS 5-20x50MM scope and AADMOUNT 20 MOA mount

Weight: 9.40 lbs ready to shoot

Shooting it was ranging around (+/-)1/2 MOA.

We set up steel out to 1,000 so I will not be limited to 400 at my property going forward.

Those that were there were amazed at the amount of energy transferred to the steel for such a small cartridge, as well as the lack of felt recoil (I attribute that to the SLR adjustable gas block and heavy buffer).

Special consideration(s):
1) Bedded with Loctite 234772 Green 620 High Temperature Retaining Compound, 10 mL Bottle, with release agent applied to extension
2) Upper face trued using Brownells truing tool and valve lapping compound.

Weighed in at 5.96 lbs without optic, mount or stock. I did add 2 3" rail sections and 2 quick detach cups from magpul.

With the SWFA SS 5-20x50mm optic, AADMOUNT mount and stock it came in at just under 10 lbs. That is the full ready to shoot weight minus sling, mag and ammo.

Very pleased with the final product since it is coming in at the weight of a light weight bolt gun w/out optics, which is what I was going for.

Final set up:

Without optic, mount or stock:

Ready to shoot:

Ran 10 rounds each of Hornady SST, Amax and PPU HP ammo through the magnito speed.

The SST had the highest velocity and lowest ES. (average 2550 fps)
The Amax had second highest velocity but worst ES. (average around 2525)
The PPU had the lowest (<2500 fps) velocity but second best ES.

All cycled just fine.

If I get around to it I will post the actual results.

Been using the TBR (Tactical Brass Recovery) brass catcher for the last 150 or so rounds and no issues. I've tried the less expensive ones, but always had some issue. I've had zero failures, and no operation issues due to the catcher or with the catcher it's self.

(Stock photo from their website below)

TBBG6-2__76961.1407958834.1280.1280.jpg

AR15/AR10 Platform Brass Recovery Bag (Standard Issue) - Tactical Brass Recovery

At around $90 it wasn't cheap, but it has been worth it to me to avoid the headaches associated with the other ones I've tried. Unfortunately I should have just bought this right from the start b/c I have spent easily twice that amount getting to this catcher (all the others + this one).

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.