ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

JW all I was told was slighlty more expensive than the partitions. That is a quote. I personally interpet that as 2-3 ducks more a box?

Hmmm....I notice a lot of posts complaining about the BC of TSX bullets, but how many people know that the BC of TSX's is calculated at 300 yards? The standard distance that everyone else uses is 100 yards. This is according to Barnes' website of course, but it is probably an important distinction. Or at least, thats how I read the statement that they have posted. It could be that not all of their TSX's have been recalculated yet, but the load data you get from the site lists BC's that I assume to be calculated at 300yards.

As the new data is being shot the new bc's are being posted for the TXS and they are being calculated over 300 yards............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Can you tell us the specifics of Nosler's testing? The reason I ask is I have fired a number of .30 cal. 200gr. TSXs at 3400fps mv, that have never stripped the "pedals" like that. And have dug a handful of .338 210gr TXSs that have had perfect expansion. I have also found the TSXs to be as accurate as most match grade bullets at least to 400yds.
It does look like a winner though and worth a try.
db

What's the point? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif The G1 BC is a feel good BC that provides little if any useful information. The TSX is a boat tail bullet by definition and should theoretically use a G5 drag model, yet they are using a G1 drag model for their BC. In actuality if you look at the ballistic characteristics of the TSX it fits nicely and almost perfectly into the G7 VLD drag model. It doesn't come close to fitting the G1 drag model, not by a long shot.

The only reason they're using a G1 drag model is because it yields a higher BC # than a G5 or G7 drag model. Try using a G1 drag model in a ballistic computer for long range predictions and you won't get close. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

With the proper ballistic tools you can actually figure all this out, i.e. a chronograph and ballistic program with drag model comparisons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell us the specifics of Nosler's testing? The reason I ask is I have fired a number of .30 cal. 200gr. TSXs at 3400fps mv, that have never stripped the "pedals" like that. And have dug a handful of .338 210gr TXSs that have had perfect expansion. I have also found the TSXs to be as accurate as most match grade bullets at least to 400yds.
It does look like a winner though and worth a try.
db

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go to the Nosler forums and ask Nosler (any #) or Jusmo. They did the testing and they can answer your questions better.

For the record i am not compensated from them. I help them keep the board clean and keep the posts clean. I do like the bullets though. I was just spreading the word about the new bullet to my fellow shooters.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts