ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

Fotis

Being a moderator on the nosler website/forums has its perks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I could not say anything until now!!!

Check this out:

etipbanner.jpg

press-release.jpg

This is what I received from Nosler.

POP,
To answer some of the questions, firstly it's not an all copper bullet like some of the competition's lead free bullets so it doesn't share the characteristics, like snapping the petals at a high velocity. That also means it doesn't foul like an all copper bullet, the accuracy is amazing. I saw the results just two days ago, I'll post when I can.

I'm just waiting for a call back on the price so I can give you a ballpark figure.

I'll keep you posted.

backside.jpg

Update!

[ QUOTE ]
POP:

Just got some more info for you.

Pricing: It will be slightly more than Partition. (that's a lot less than MRX)

Availability: Ammunition through Winchester will be first and it will be available prior to hunting season. Bullets will be available fourth quarter of this year.

That's all I got right at this second. I'll be changing the website off and on all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Will they work on game as well as the SMK's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it! SIerra Matchkings Rock! You know that!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The good thing is the BC iss 523 for a 180 so I am guessing .6 or better for a 200 gr.

This bullet could be a nice shoulder blade buster at long range. A 338 cal 250 gr with high BC would be nice for the medium bore guys.

JD338

Very interesting. If they prove to be accurate, expand as indicated and DON"T foul bores unacceptably than Barnes has a big problem on their hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, very interesting indeed. First Nosler copies Swift on the design of the scirocco and comes up with the Accubond which I think is the best all around game bullet ever and even surpasses the Scirocco in which it was similiar. Now they imitate the Barnes MRX which I thought was in it's own way a copy of the Accubond's design success mixed with traditional Barnes traits. So now we have a crossover Nosler bullet and a crossover Barnes bullet and more choices than ever. Seems the one to beat the other will be the one who produces cheaper bullets.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, very interesting indeed. First Nosler copies Swift on the design of the scirocco and comes up with the Accubond which I think is the best all around game bullet ever and even surpasses the Scirocco in which it was similiar. Now they imitate the Barnes MRX which I thought was in it's own way a copy of the Accubond's design success mixed with traditional Barnes traits. So now we have a crossover Nosler bullet and a crossover Barnes bullet and more choices than ever. Seems the one to beat the other will be the one who produces cheaper bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. It appears Nosler will be in good, competitive shape if these are priced a little higher than Part.

Everything looks good to me, but I have one concern. Will this bullet be too "hard" to drive to Pt. or Acc. velocities, or is this copper/alloy mixture malable enough
to allow similar velocities?

[ QUOTE ]
Everything looks good to me, but I have one concern. Will this bullet be too "hard" to drive to Pt. or Acc. velocities, or is this copper/alloy mixture malable enough
to allow similar velocities?

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that the 1800 fps impact velocity was not sufficient to open either bullet to what I would feel comfortable using. Perhaps these are short range bullets and not intended for anything further. If that is the case, I won't be trading in my white tips for od green!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.