ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

Yah I dont know about them e-bullets. They dont seem to expand to well at lower velocities...Might not be to "long range friendly".

I"ll stick with the AB's for an all around bullet. I have no use for a bullet that retains 95% of its weight. That usually translates into a hard bullet that dont open up to well at long range. As can be seen from the advertisement photo.

Anyways, good for Nosler though for coming out with some competition for Barnes. I dont like Barnes. I hope Noslers aren't as expensive, that would be a good start.....

a 338 in 300gr with a high BC would be good aswell as long as they will open up at lower velocity around 100-1200fps impact velocity or else they will likly only be usefull to the short range shooter out to around 500 yards but i suppose that is what most will use them for.
I hope Nosler does not advertise them like the barnes and Failsafe projectiles were that it is now OK to use a 270 with the solid projectiles on large dangerous game like Bufalo like the Winchester release of the 270WSM here in Australia using them on Bufs their is no margin for error and using enough gun is always the prefered option.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Gents:

All the stats, pix, etc are with the Nosler family for the formal unveiling of the e-tip in KC. They will receive the Golden Bullseye Award (I think that is the name) for John Nosler.

So when everything is back i will report.

Hey you guys knew more and before that the gunwriters did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

They look like they might make great all around bullets. Finally, X-bullet toughness with a very good BC.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing their length will keep them from making heavier, higher BC bullets. They already won't make even a 250 grain 338 AccuBond, stating the length as the reason, much less a 300 grainer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, I'm excited about them for all around use, great close range-toughness with pretty decent long range capabilities, but I don't see them as becoming the optimum choice for really long stuff.

Jon:

The Accubond line is still expanding as we speak. I have a feeling the 250 338 will not be too long now......

POP,

Will the introduction of this new E-Tip delay the publishing of the new #6 Nosler manual that has been proposed to find shelves this summer? If they're only making .308 180 gr. E-Tips currently, I wouldn't expect them to hold up the manual. I'm guessing, maybe you know.

Festus

Both my buddy and I shot 168 Barnes x Triple shocks last year in our .300 win mags. We had excellent results on whitetail & mule deer from about 75 yards to 350 yards, and cow elk at about 350-450 yards with perfect expansion.
Both my buddy and I have shot 180gr Accu bonds & ballistic tips in our .300wm's and had terrible results with both bullets.
So far the Barnes x triple shocks have had the best results & accuracy for my buddy & I, and also Barnes x triple shocks to not foull my barrel like the Noslers.

lefty, it sounds like the tsx's are working for you! Also sounds like a good season, congratulations. I have also had excellent on-game performance with the Barnes, including a nice bull at 550 yards. However, a lot of people on this site are going to be looking for a bullet that will perform at much lower velocities much further out than 450 yards. I have used Nosler Accubonds with great performance both up close and a long ways off. The Accubonds open up easier at much lower velocities than the Barnes. Hopefully this new Nosler will bridge the gap and extend that excellent barnes performance to accubond ranges! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Try the new Barnes MRX. It is a TSX with improved expansion, BC, and flight. Barnes says anything over 400 yds points to the MRX being better. Just starting to work with them, but MRX already has a track record and opens at lower velocities. Have a wait see attitude on the new Noslers. Was not impressed with their lower velocities examples posted by POP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I do not know about the posssible delay on the #6 manual. I can ask though.
The MRX is a great bullet but man is it spendy!
If the E-tip will yield similar to the MRX results, it will be a winner. Especially with the price being a little more expensive than the partitions.

[ QUOTE ]
by Pop
If the E-tip will yield similar to the MRX results, it will be a winner. Especially with the price being a little more expensive than the partitions.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much more expensive is a little more expensive than Partion? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.