Barnes TSX or Nosler E-Tip?

I would go with the Barnes. I saw two deer shot with E-tips last season and it was definitely very poor bullet performance.

Re: Barnes TSX or Noser E-Tip

I've shot a lot of Barnes bullets and I've never been disappointed by how they performed. The only E-Tip I've shot has been a 130gr .277 and I haven't shot any game with it yet. I did test it in my bullet expansion tests and it performed pretty well at low velocity.

Another bullet maker to consider is Hammer Bullets. They have a lot of different options and in my experience they're much easier to get good groups from than some of the Barnes bullets.

I would go with the Barnes. I saw two deer shot with E-tips last season and it was definitely very poor bullet performance.
I shot elk with the e-tip and had a hell of time finding the animal. I would go with the Barnes and been having Good luck with them. California requires copper bullets in some parts of this state. The elk hunt was in the part that required copper bullets. Try the TTSX , they open up quicker and have better ballistics than the TSX's bullets. :)

Never shot E-Tip but have used Barnes for more years than I can remember and never had one fail with proper shot placement! Can't go wrong with TSX, TTSX, or LRX!

I have used Barnes a lot in the past (3006 & 300wm) and they have always performed as advertised. Lately I have been using etips (150 grn), in my 7rm. Awsome is all I can say!
I load in a Savage 111 7RM
150 grn ETIP 67.0grn IMR7828, CCI mag primer, 50thou off the lands, chrono'd at 3090 to 3115fps from a savage 111. So far 5 white tail and 1 moose all 1 shot drop on the spot (with the white tails) and 1 shot drop apx 20 yard stagger with the moose. The deer where thru and thru, the moose had the bullet resting against the inside of the far ribs, both lungs and the bottom of the heart shattered. I did not keep and weigh the bullet but, it looked as if it was 75% intact

So, yes I recommend 150grn ETIP in 7mm magnums

I shoot the 140gr E-tip in my 7 STW at 3273 fps with 0.33" moa. It has been a devastating bullet on the Wyoming antelope and mule deer I've shot with it. Both antelope were over 400 yards and quartering away. Both took 3-4 steps and dropped. When we gutted all of them, the vitals were gelatin and chunks.
I shoot the 150gr TTSX too. It's awesome just like the E-tip. I like them both.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.