Annealing: Specific Heat Question

Yep I have a infrared now. Tempilaq is a mess in a bottle. I will not get more. It is helpful for training your eye though.
There is marking pens that do the same job, and less mess. Amazon. for now I will stay with my Bench Source. If I can't master it then an AMP.

Last edited:
There is marking pens that do the same job, and less mess. Amazon. for now I will stay with my Bench Source. If I can master it then an AMP.
Kind of over/past the tempilaq. Might try the pens, not sure I need them with the Infrared. The Burstfire stays pretty temp stable using a big tank and regulator. Just dial in the cases time setting and it'll drop a 100 all the same. Consistent, that's what I need. If it wasn't getting it done I would be saving for a AMP instead of a new rifle.

I have a system for my Bench Source duel flame set up using a large tank and hooking up both torches. That keep the flame even. Not chasing small tanks or refilling them everytime you turn around.

Kind of over/past the tempilaq. Might try the pens, not sure I need them with the Infrared. The Burstfire stays pretty temp stable using a big tank and regulator. Just dial in the cases time setting and it'll drop a 100 all the same. Consistent, that's what I need. If it wasn't getting it done I would be saving for a AMP instead of a new rifle.
Which infrared are you using?