And down the rabbit hole I go….

I took mine out Saturday.

Using 209 (?) and some 195gr Barnes sabots.
Managed a 2" group at 100 yards.

Gotta play with it more.

Wondering how accurate i can get with sabots?

Finally had time to run out and get 100 gr of 209. I'll definitely be testing it again to see if it's gonna stay tight like this or was a fluke day. May have another opening to shoot Monday or Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_7043.jpeg
    IMG_7043.jpeg
    904.8 KB · Views: 99
There's always gotta be that one right? Finally settled on a 102 gr by volume. It's getting to be go time! Now it's just practice practice practice.
I ran some bullets through a resizer and lost my grouping with 100gr. Was kind of expecting that. She's came right around though at 102. I went to 104 and things started to fall apart so here I go!

Attachments

• IMG_7204.jpeg
    IMG_7204.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 50
Well, things got super busy with hunts for myself and helping others and didn't have much time to post. I did get dialed in with a peep set up and things cam together.
IMG_7371.jpeg
Was able to get some groups at 100 that went 3/4 minute to ragged hole. I used a new peep from Williams that let me make a yardage tape. Got marks made out to 250 yds and was ready for my elk hunt.
Fast forward to day 4 of the hunt and snuck into 125 yds of this bull. Laid out prone waiting for him to re bed. After a couple hours he tried to sneak out his back door and right into a shooting lane. One shot with the fury bullet was all it took. He made it 50 yds and piled up. First muzzy elk and by far my biggest bull.
IMG_6414.jpeg
IMG_6310.jpeg

Well, things got super busy with hunts for myself and helping others and didn't have much time to post. I did get dialed in with a peep set up and things cam together. View attachment 512724Was able to get some groups at 100 that went 3/4 minute to ragged hole. I used a new peep from Williams that let me make a yardage tape. Got marks made out to 250 yds and was ready for my elk hunt.
Fast forward to day 4 of the hunt and snuck into 125 yds of this bull. Laid out prone waiting for him to re bed. After a couple hours he tried to sneak out his back door and right into a shooting lane. One shot with the fury bullet was all it took. He made it 50 yds and piled up. First muzzy elk and by far my biggest bull.
View attachment 512732View attachment 512733
Monster. Wowzers. Congrats

I was surprised to see how crappy the action was fit to the stock on my Paramount Colorado. The stock must have been dipped and setup to dry upside down. The action was setting on 3 or 4 random lumpy drips. I sanded down the drips with a 24mm socket wrapped with sand paper. The back of the action at the rear screw wasn't touching the stock with the front action screw snugged up. Tightening rear screw was flexing the stock and action 0.1". I bedded the back tab around the rear action screw and the face of the recoil lug with the front action screw snug but not tight for a temporary fix. I have some Devcon on order so that I can fully bed the action over the holidays. I am hoping the quick improvements in bedding improve groups at 200yds and support stretching out to 300yds. Shooting Fury 320gr with 108wgr of BH209 and Arrowhead ignition with CCI 250 at 2200fps with a 15fps ES.

I was surprised to see how crappy the action was fit to the stock on my Paramount Colorado. The stock must have been dipped and setup to dry upside down. The action was setting on 3 or 4 random lumpy drips. I sanded down the drips with a 24mm socket wrapped with sand paper. The back of the action at the rear screw wasn't touching the stock with the front action screw snugged up. Tightening rear screw was flexing the stock and action 0.1". I bedded the back tab around the rear action screw and the face of the recoil lug with the front action screw snug but not tight for a temporary fix. I have some Devcon on order so that I can fully bed the action over the holidays. I am hoping the quick improvements in bedding improve groups at 200yds and support stretching out to 300yds. Shooting Fury 320gr with 108wgr of BH209 and Arrowhead ignition with CCI 250 at 2200fps with a 15fps ES.
I think once you get fully bedded you should have good results. I bedded mine before I even started testing. Lots of slop without it. Did you get the smaller diameter bullets from fury for the cva's? Sizing them? Or are standard diameter fitting for you? I bought a sizing die and it helped out a lot. Both loading and consistency in grouping