An Old the Rifle Found

I am going to pay for the information for the serial number at the Cody, Wyoming Museum just to see what we can find out further. It might just be a old rusty gun for some, but to my family and I it's pretty neat. Thanks for following.

79, glad to see you're following through with the history. Will be great to have a family heirloom hanging on the wall with history with it no matter what condition. I have a 1872 Springfield with a photo of my grandfather holding it circa 1900.

I am planning on making a nice display case with the certificate that the museum sends us for sure. If I remember I well show it when everything is completed. Dosh that is quite a treasure you have.

If only these relics could talk. I have some rifles that were in the fire at the TTT house in Kaycee WY. This was the headquarters for the "cowboys" in the Johnson County War. I have the Cody letter on one but really doesn't prove anything other than the date the rifle was shipped from the warehouse and the destination. Often wonder what the owner was like and who he was.

I received the certified letter back from the Cody, Wyoming Museum.

The caliber is 38/56
The barrel type is octagon.
The trigger is plain.
Received in warehouse on February 12, 1890 and shipped from the warehouse on February 26, 1890.
Order number 9583.
No other information was available for this serial number.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.