An article explaining why deer can see you so easily.

It depends on where you are as well. Farm country deer that are around people a lot are less spooky. Big woods deer that only associate people with danger are totally different.
I don't know. The big woods deer seem even more curious than the farmland deer from what I have observed. Farmland deer are used to noise, machinert, cars, and all sirts of animals and smells. Big woods deer are easily spooked, but are very curious. I was cutting some trees in a north wisconsin forest years ago and the whole herd would gather on the edge of the cutting to see what was going on. The noise, changing environment, and new smells intrigued them. They watched us for half the day from about 30 yards away. Farm deer are less curious and just walk/run around without looking for cars. They know what hunters are and seem to vanish the day before gun season.

deer must be smarter today and have also grown tougher as it now takes a cannon to kill them.
That's a Central PA buck if I've ever seen one. Eastbank, I've been finding your name popping up all over while doing research on Hoyer. I live in Mifflintown and work in State College. I'd love to pick your brain some time.

I've been killing them dressed like this fir 50 + years!
David
David and his buck deer 12 Nov 2019 Drayton Valley.jpg

Deer can see blues/violets and like colors in that spectrum.
When I used to work on a white tail hunting operation we had a blue,gray, and red work trucks.
We drove by a food plot every morning where deer were about 75 yards away, and if you were in the blue or gray truck they would run off but in the red they didn't seem to care and would keep on feeding. After driving all 3 trucks around for a few years it was obvious they didn't care for the blue or grey trucks and you could get very close to them in the red one.

they are amazing critters for sure.. Once during archery season in Pennsylvania I was sitting in a ladder stand about 10 feet up in between three black cherry trees... we left the stand out there all year.. Anyway, I was sitting there and this little buck with about 8" spikes came in to the clearing in less than 15 yards in front of me, turned his head and looked up at me and stood there for what seemed like an eternity.. Eventually he decided I was nothing and walked off..
After that, I taped a small turkey button box call to my riser to let any other curious critters think i was just a big turkey.. (little do they know):)